Thread: Laptop Freezing

Just burned his ISO

Default Laptop Freezing

Hello...Here is my problem. I'm running a toshiba sattelite a135 that came with vista on it. When I run backtrack 2 final it boots and detects all my hardware including the wifi hardware and gets to this line...
    (CS: IO Port Probe 0X100-0X3af )and freezes. The last Beta version boots fine. The funny thing is the first couple of times I booted backtrack 2 final it worked fine. Started kismet and no problems. why all of a sudden this freezing. I have reburned my cd just in case and installed it to a thumb drive and the same problem. It works fine on my desktop. I'm stuck here for a loss. Anyone else having a problem like this? Any ideas what it could be? Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Default Same shit!

I've got the same problem...isn't there anyone who can help us???
    Pleeeeeaaaase

Just burned his ISO

Isn't there anyone who can help us?????

Just burned his ISO

im in the same boat... i have the inspiron 9100 and backtrack boots perfect and starts running perfect and starting captureing packets perfect... then 20 min later it crashes....
    I already posted on this and nobody answered it. i guess not enough ppl haveing the problem buts it nice to see im not the only one with the problem....

Thanks in Advance
    Eddie

Just burned his ISO

Default Yeeehhhaaaa

Problem solved...
    at the boot promt type bt acpi=off

This made my final version run

Just burned his ISO

Same problem here on a Toshiba laptop - very annoying.

Just burned his ISO

yes I had the same problem on my toshiba sattelite a105-s2236. which i solved by typing bt linux nohotplug at the boot prompt.

Ok, so now I see login screen. After I log in I type xconf, and then after it configures I type startx after a while all I see is white flickering screen and nothing else. Does any of you know how to solve this problem? I have ATI Radeon Xpress 200m as my video and I suppose it is onboard. what it ati.lzm is anyway? Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy bt acpi=off

Help, i have the same problem... and 'bt acpi=off' failed to work

the only way I was able to bypass this was 'bt nohotplug' but then i'd get the flickering screen at startx

Just burned his ISO

I am having the same problem on a Toshiba Satellite A105.

bt nohotplug allows me to boot, however startx fails.

bt nohotplug acpi=off same problem. [xconf, then startx = white, flickering screen.]

Any help appreciated!