Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: router rebooting

Just burned his ISO

Default router rebooting

has anyone else had this same problem....I was testing out my router, and just teaching myself about ettercap and arp poisoning and what not...

and now my router continously reboots by itself...I dunno how the crap it started happening....or I will randomly lose internet...

I have tried bypassing the router and now I have no problem....but it only started happening after I started playing around with MITM and what not..

the router even lost all its settings and I had to reset it up with all my different settings...

anyone else ever had a similar issue

Just burned his ISO lock_n_loll's Avatar

HHHmm I think you are the First man who had that problem
    Damn Am I Late ?
    Mitsubishi AMITY XP P166 MMX 32M HD 6 GB Linksys WPC11 v4 FreeBSD 7.0 + BT2

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

have you reset it to manufactor settings ?
    not just plug it off, reset it ...
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

What router make/model is this!?

Developer

The best plan is to flash it with the newest firmware.

This is a common result of MITM. If you don't research the risks of the test attacks you are doing, then you can expect potentially harmful results.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
    has anyone else had this same problem....I was testing out my router, and just teaching myself about ettercap and arp poisoning and what not...

and now my router continously reboots by itself...I dunno how the crap it started happening....or I will randomly lose internet...

I have tried bypassing the router and now I have no problem....but it only started happening after I started playing around with MITM and what not..

the router even lost all its settings and I had to reset it up with all my different settings...

anyone else ever had a similar issue
    Hahahahah you DOSed yerself. Too funny.

I suggest you don't "play around" with things you haven't researched.
    Quote Originally Posted by lock_n_loll View Post
    HHHmm I think you are the First man who had that problem
    Please don't post just to increase your post count.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Denial of Service does actual damage to the router?

is there a way to reverse it...

I don't know where I did the DOS attack...unless it just happened because of the man in the middle

Developer

These tools are dangerous if you do not know how to use them. You have probably "bricked" your router. You can try to upgrade the firmware or "flash it". PLEASE RTFM before you attack yourself and then complain that its backtracks fault.

Just burned his ISO

brick is a term used when there is a signal however no service provided to a modem

I work for a cable company and I do tech support on the side....I don't believe that the issue is a "bricked" router

and I never once blamed backtrack for any of MY actions...

I was simply testing out for learning purposes because thats what I'm doing...LEARNING about backtrack...I have read lots about ettercap and the MITM technique..and no where I have read anything about damage to a router or a supposed DoS attack that is created from the MITM attack

so I did RTFM and I have done my research...I've even searched around several forums...

now if there is a way to reverse this...then i would love to hear it...cuz I just bought this damn thing lol

there is no new "firmware" btw...I've checked ...I'm at the latest version...I mean I can try and find an old firmware ...and then re-flash it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast