Thread: New and need some modem help.

Just burned his ISO

Default New and need some modem help.

hey guys i downloaded backtrack about 2 days ago and i love it and want to make it my primary os the only problem is ...is that it dosnt detect my modem.i went threw the dial up manager thing and setup my account and what number i dialed.i also made the modem profile(if thats a good word for it)but then it comes up with a error saying that it cannot find the modem or something close to this...backtrack detected everything on my com.graphics card,wirelesscard,sound everything but the modem.so any idea on how i can fix this or download drivers for my modem.

my modem is a (HDAUDIO soft data fax modem with smartcp)
    Its a compaq presario v6000 laptop.

yes my problem is same.
    can anybody help me thanks
    Th4n|<$ B3 4
    Kurt_Kabayan
    noobies backtrack community :D

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

People still have dialup modems? Weird...
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

:cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

What's this modem of which you speak??
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

WinModems for the loss.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.