Thread: Sniffing Webcam traffic? How to do it?

Hybrid View

Default Sniffing Webcam traffic? How to do it?

I just bought a new Dell monitor equiped with a webcam. Happens to be my first webcam. The documentation says I can monitor remotely. Which leads me to my question... can I sniff my webcam traffic remotely. I've googled and unfortunately all my searches for anything "webcam" related has not been successful. Although some of the results were amusing . I followed a tutorial here ...the one a while ago about aquiring songs from myspace with Wireshark. Is this the right direction to take?...or maybe some other tool available in BT? Can I siphon webcam data from a .cap file?

Thanks in advance.

This so isnt your camera is it

Camera of a flat mate/x-girl friend? haha

Be honest now
    wtf?

If you aren't using the cam (ie: you're remote to it) how/why is it generating traffic?

Or do you mean can someone sniff you're traffic while you accessing the camera remotely? (Which isn't really the camera's traffic but your traffic). In which case yes anyone who has access to a piece of network equipment between the camera and you can monitor your traffic. Also whatever access you have to the camera remotely would be available to other to attempt to compromise (hope you have a strong password).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.