Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DE_ICE Disc 1.100 tutorial

Developer

That is a very good point. When I originally started making them I was going to include all the common mistakes and such but it turned into a ten part series and was a little boring. So if I'm understanding you correctly you think maybe I should narrate the videos and try to explain what I'm doing. You are right however what seems elementary to me may not be to some one else. To be honest I had a done a few thing s different but prairie fire provided such a excellent transcript that I went back and modded some things. Thanks for saying they were pretty good BP that means a lot.

I said that whey were GREAT, all I am saying is that perhaps the transcript should be a bit more descriptive. That way you would be able to keep the videos as they are (perfect) and only need to ad a few lines to the transcript explaining what you are doing and why you are doing it.

Do you see what I mean now, they are not just pretty good they are FANTASTIC ! the only letdown is in the areas I pointed out in the transcript. Also when you use a commandline it will be helpful for people to know what that program is for and what each of the switches do, to make it a complete learning experience.

This in no criticism at all, just a few pointers to make it perfect, and to save you a ton of questions based on those parts that I think are missed.

Nice to know you are taking this in the way it is meant (constructive criticism between good friend on here).

In case I didn't say is, FANTASTIC job.

If you wasn't someone I held in such high regard, I wouldn't have said a thing about it at all.

Developer

Thank you I hold you in a high regard as well. I will be doing disc 1.110 over break.

Just burned his ISO

I had the same situation in that my disc would not boot because it needed the no pcmcia argument and as a result it would not aquire a IP. Prairie fire suggested a virtual machine on the victim computer and that worked like a charm. It looks like this.

Attacker >wireless> Linksys router >wired> windows xp host > vmware running de ice
    Yeah I tryed this and I have to tell that I discovered "accidentally"
    I thinked to try with Vmware and i saw that worked

However if your disc booted all the way then your router configuration was probably wrong.
    Strange cause I have set my home router with Ip 192.168.1.1 and I have set even the dhcp with range 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.200

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Video's are looking sweet pureh@te !!! Glad to see you finally got sound I was going to do a beef tutorial but my F%&* C*(*& SUC**(^ box is rejecting jserv lol I've been on it for days and its a pain in the bum.

If the guy that added it to bt3 is around and reading this thread, how did you get jserv on slackware 12 lol.

Developer

I haven't got the beef server working yet either.

Just burned his ISO

Hey, this is Grendel from the De-ICE.net site. I wanted to lodge a complaint against purehate. If you're going to something as cool as those videos, you gotta let me know, man!!! Really good job. I got giddy watching them. LOL

If you want, I've got room on my site, and will host them for you, plus any other tutorials you do from the disks. I'll be adding a link off my site for those who need this kind of help. I've been waiting for someone to put together a walk-through... just didn't know it would be this well-done.

Really nice work!

- Grendel

Developer

Hey Grendal thanks, I was kinda worried you'd be mad to be honest but I figured they had been out for long enough to spill the beans. Plus I did them in parts so you could just look at the part you were having a issue with. I'm relieved you like them. I'm working on the next disc over the weekend. I will PM you on the de ice site when they are done. If you would like copies to host you are more than welcome to them.

I was actually just now trying to take it one step further and install a backdoor but I can't seem to get ftp to upload my backdoor. Its gonna be the *Bonus* video if I can pull it off.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, definitely shoot me a msg at de-ice.net and we'll square everything away.

Just burned his ISO

oh... and if you can't get ftp to upload, there's always scp

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast