Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DE_ICE Disc 1.100 tutorial

Developer

Default DE_ICE Disc 1.100 tutorial

I'm back with another set of videos. Please take it easy on them as I am just learning. A while back there were some pentest cd's that were made and they were based on having the backtrack live cd as the attack machine. All the challenges can be solved with the default disc.

The discs are available HERE as well as the scenario's and the network configuration. The author of the cd's Grendal also wrote the chapter "Setting up a pentest lab" in the new opensource tool kit book. Please consider donating to his project as well. He is also offering a pentest class which along with the offensive security classes could benifit even the most n00b hacker.

These are the solutions to the challenges split into 5 movies. There is also a transcript of the whole thing provided by Prariefire.

I would encourage anyone who has not tried this to attempt it on your own first. This is a great way to see if this sort of thing is really for you or if you should just stick to impressing bimbos at frat parties by breaking wep.

I have posted all of this on my blog http://pur3h4t3.blogspot.com/

Special thanks to Prarie fire, Balding parrot, Shamen Virtual, Thorin ,Blackfoot, DR. green, Streaker69,re@lity,muts and the gang, the prez and my best friend on the forum Xploitz for all helping me out in little areas.

If this helps anyone please give some feed back and I will do disc 1.110 over Christmas break.

Default Good Job!!!!

Nice work purehate.
    I already solved both DE-IC Discs but I nethertheless enjoyed your tuts!!
    It is a very good help for lots of ppl here!!

Greetz,
    hawaii
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

Just burned his ISO

OMG u rock man , a few weeks ago i joined that amazing forum and got stuck on level 1 when using HydraGKT to brute force with thewordlist and gave up , as i had school exams, i am heading over to your site to see were i went wrong U rock man

hey what version of BT r u using in the video? is that BT2 with addons? or is that BT3?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by sfa8us View Post
    OMG u rock man , a few weeks ago i joined that amazing forum and got stuck on level 1 when using HydraGKT to brute force with thewordlist and gave up , as i had school exams, i am heading over to your site to see were i went wrong U rock man

hey what version of BT r u using in the video? is that BT2 with addons? or is that BT3?
    I'm using a super pimped out bt2 however all of the tools I used are the default tools on the bt2 final live cd including the word list so you do not need any thing else besides a fresh .iso of bt. In the movies my hydra and nmap are updated so they will have different version numbers but the ones that come on the disc work fine.

Just burned his ISO

GREAT job....!!!... Thanks
    Although I have solved both the discs, I enjoyed the videos and learned a lot.
    There were some things I could have done in a smarter way...
    And I never managed to get the FTP up running.....

I also got a great help from the De-ICE forum.

Everyone should try these discs.
    I've learned a lot about pentesting AND about BT2.

And I can't wait to try the next discs from De-ICE.

Just curios... which program do you use to make those nice videos....??

Keep up the good work.

Developer

The thanks for the videos goes to DR. Green. He told me about it. Its called recordmydesktop and is available from the slacky repo. in addition to that I found a gui front end for it that is nice. Then I open them with a program called lives to add audio. Then lives encodes them using memcoder to avi. Then I googled my ass of looking for a good hosting site and after hours I found blip.tv . sounds stupid but I think it is a very nice quality for free and they allow ftp uploads.

Just burned his ISO

Thanx a lot.

I will give it a try.

Just burned his ISO

Hi I would suggest even this for training and improve your skill ;-)

hxxp://www.damnvulnerablelinux.org/

I tried even the cd of dce-ice but I got some problem, when boot don't pick up an Ip so is not connected to my router. :-( and I don't know why...

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by L0g0ff View Post
    Hi I would suggest even this for training and improve your skill ;-)

hxxp://www.damnvulnerablelinux.org/

I tried even the cd of dce-ice but I got some problem, when boot don't pick up an Ip so is not connected to my router. :-( and I don't know why...
    I had the same situation in that my disc would not boot because it needed the no pcmcia argument and as a result it would not aquire a IP. Prairie fire suggested a virtual machine on the victim computer and that worked like a charm. It looks like this.

Attacker >wireless> Linksys router >wired> windows xp host > vmware running de ice

However if your disc booted all the way then your router configuration was probably wrong.

Just a quick reply, The video's are graeat and stored on my HD along with the transcript, my only criticism is that there is no explanation to why you are doing what you are doing and the Standard methodology behind those steps you have taken. I am sure that when you wrote that list of usernames combinations there are going to be people that just have no clue why you are writing, what you did with it and where you got that info from.

Great video's though, can't wait to see the next set.

The forum NEEDS more people to make the effort to produce tutorials like this rather than just .......... ask endless questions.

Can't wait to see plenty more of the ones you intended doing while we were talking about all of this.

Fantastic contribution, now if only a few others would do the same.

This sort of thing is something that is desperately needed in the forum.

Well Done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast