Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I have my old forum skin back?

Default Can I have my old forum skin back?

Can you at least re-enable the old skin as a non-default option?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    You might want to read the last couple posts of this.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9959
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

I have to agree that although the black is cool and all, I like the white default vbulliten look. I know there has been a option for months to mke the page black but I never selected it because its harder to read. If we could just get a option that would be great.

Yup, I like the new black interface. I really like how it groups the forums properly too. But, I find it hard on the eyes.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I agree. Has anyone in the web team ever heard of "site readability"? The new "mandatory" dark theme is, in one word, crap. It is relatively low contrast theme that is very difficult to read. I really don't give a shit if the site looks "cool" (which it now doesn't) - I mean what is the purpose of this board?

I WANT THE OPTION TO RETAIN THE HIGH CONTRAST DEFAULT PAGE!!

Sorry to shout (well, no not really), but to make the new theme mandatory is extremely arrogant of the web-keepers (and, WTF, you can change the theme to this crap, but can't even properly set the f'ing clock?).

Granted - I don't have to post, or even visit here. But I believe that I have contributed to the community and I am not appreciated of this crap being shoved down my throat.

I haven't posted today because every time I visit I really start to "fume" and I must just "go away" to cool down.

In short, we have always had the black theme - those that wanted it could always easily change to it. Those that preferred the basic theme could stick to that one. So, change it back! And while you're "in there", change the fricking clock so that it is not two and a half hours in the future. In case you didn't know, it is YOUR clock that sets the posting times - not mine.

ditto

ditto

First off, let me say right now, I don't know who/what/why the default has been removed. Unless it's some weird side-effect of the latest update round, I would assume that perhaps Muts altered it. I haven't heard back from him on this yet.
    Anyway, I've re-instated it for the meantime.

Yup, I like the new black interface. I really like how it groups the forums properly too. But, I find it hard on the eyes.
    I agree, it is nice that it "clusters" each forum category together nicely, but I too find it hard to read/navigate.
    Because of this, I have never used it.
    Just to rub salt in the wounds, I didn't notice the default had been removed from the available selection as mine has remained the same
    The first I saw of it was when this thread appeared (and the other thread linked above by Streaker69)

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    I agree. Has anyone in the web team ever heard of "site readability"? The new "mandatory" dark theme is, in one word, crap. It is relatively low contrast theme that is very difficult to read. I really don't give a shit if the site looks "cool" (which it now doesn't) - I mean what is the purpose of this board?

I WANT THE OPTION TO RETAIN THE HIGH CONTRAST DEFAULT PAGE!!

Sorry to shout (well, no not really), but to make the new theme mandatory is extremely arrogant of the web-keepers (and, WTF, you can change the theme to this crap, but can't even properly set the f'ing clock?).

Granted - I don't have to post, or even visit here. But I believe that I have contributed to the community and I am not appreciated of this crap being shoved down my throat.

I haven't posted today because every time I visit I really start to "fume" and I must just "go away" to cool down.

In short, we have always had the black theme - those that wanted it could always easily change to it. Those that preferred the basic theme could stick to that one. So, change it back! And while you're "in there", change the fricking clock so that it is not two and a half hours in the future. In case you didn't know, it is YOUR clock that sets the posting times - not mine.
    Your abusive tones are not needed here thanks.

You are absolutely correct - you do not have to visit here.
    As for taking some time to...
    "go away" to cool down
    that's no problem. Here's a few days to help you on your way.......

Perhaps when you return you can act a little more adult?

Developer

Thanks re@lity. I like the default better but I'm not gonna cry if the other style is what muts or who ever wants. I guess the only reason I don't like it is I find it hard to read grey text on a black back ground. But like I said its not that big a issue.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Hell, You guys could post in Monkey Talk and Greek, as long as I was learning something and Sploitz was pushin out more Tutorials, I'd still be here everyday. Chill the EFF out SLK239483284832 whatever. It's a forum. It IS kinda hurtful to the eyes, but so is my face. So deal wit it sucka.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    First off, let me say right now, I don't know who/what/why the default has been removed. Unless it's some weird side-effect of the latest update round, I would assume that perhaps Muts altered it. I haven't heard back from him on this yet.
    Anyway, I've re-instated it for the meantime.

I agree, it is nice that it "clusters" each forum category together nicely, but I too find it hard to read/navigate.
    Because of this, I have never used it.
    Just to rub salt in the wounds, I didn't notice the default had been removed from the available selection as mine has remained the same
    The first I saw of it was when this thread appeared (and the other thread linked above by Streaker69)

Your abusive tones are not needed here thanks.

You are absolutely correct - you do not have to visit here.
    As for taking some time to... that's no problem. Here's a few days to help you on your way.......

Perhaps when you return you can act a little more adult?
    So, can we have a theme of puppies and kittens then?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast