Thread: New to backtrack but not linux getting an error when trying to run livecd

Just burned his ISO

Default New to backtrack but not linux getting an error when trying to run livecd

Hi, as my title stated I am new to backtrack but not to linux. I have installed many an OS and used many a live CD but this is the first time I have ever come across this error message.
    Code:
    EXT3-fs: sda1: couldn't mount because of unsopported optional features (240).
    request_module: runaway loop modprobe bin fmt -464x
    That second line of code repeats about 5 times.

I am trying to run this on a homebuilt nettop with an Atom 230 1.6 processor witha Foxxcon mini-ITX mb..

Now I am running Kubuntu 9.10 with an EXT4 fiesystem, is this causing the EXT3 error in this first line of code? I didn't think that would be a problem with a liveCD? I've tried to boot off a USB stick and made a DVD to boot off of as wel and get the exact same errors on both. I did a forum search but didn't really come across anything pertaining to this particular issue so I thought I would ask here in the beginners forum to see if anybody had come across this before.

Default Re: New to backtrack but not linux getting an error when trying to run livecd

hi,

as you have asked the question already in the ubuntu forum. BT4 core is runnig on Ubuntu 8.10 and
    therefore doesn't come with ext4 support.

I don't have access to any ext4 filesystem, but the ext4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says clearly it
    is backwards compatible, as long as the 'extents' feature is not used.

/brtw2003