Thread: slack12 xchat port ?

Just burned his ISO

Default slack12 xchat port ?

i am trying to get xchat irc client to do sends it will recieve files but it wont do a dcc send i have setup the ports in my netgear router and in xchat do i need to change somthing in linux
    i basically need to know how to open a port range i guess i tried iptables but says invalid command.not sure if i am leaving out some important info its slackware 12 kernel 2.6.21.5-smp hope its ok to ask this here thanks for any help

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Does it give some sort of errors or anything?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

on the xchat end it just say's waiting on the recive end it is auto accept and it almost imeddiatly says get of file incomplete (unable to connect) the reciveing computer recieves fine from other computer it is running mirc instead of xchat.even after send fails xchat continues to say waiting

Developer

you could try to reinstall it with slapt-get

bt~#slapt-get --install --reinstall xchat (or whatever its called)

Just burned his ISO

i tried reinstalling the new version and i installed a older version same problem

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I guess no DCC send pr0n for you.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

i am realllly sttarting to gett thhee shacksss frromm pr000n withdrawl thanks for the feed back i'll just keep messing with it