Thread: My First Wireless Attack HELP PLEASE!!!

Hybrid View

Posting Privileges Removed

Default My First Wireless Attack HELP PLEASE!!!

ok i just got my new acer laptop computer has an atheros network card. its windows vista.

my problem is: when i search for wireless networks in vista i get my neighbors connection the signal strength is fair-exellent so then i reboot the computer using bt2 login in go into the startx thing. i put the card into monniter mode my using the commands
    Code:
    airmon stop ath0  then... airmon start wifi0
    i see the vap destroyed then the card starts in moniter mode all is good so far then i type in iwconfig and it shows that my card is in moniter mode then i type:
    Code:
     airodump --ivs --write capturefile ath0
    then it seraches for packets but doesnt find any even tho in vista im getting exellent signal strength.

any help with this>?

Quote Originally Posted by mike12121213 View Post
    ok i just got my new acer laptop computer has an atheros network card. its windows vista.

my problem is: when i search for wireless networks in vista i get my neighbors connection the signal strength is fair-exellent so then i reboot the computer using bt2 login in go into the startx thing. i put the card into monniter mode my using the commands
    Code:
    airmon stop ath0  then... airmon start wifi0
    i see the vap destroyed then the card starts in moniter mode all is good so far then i type in iwconfig and it shows that my card is in moniter mode then i type:
    Code:
     airodump --ivs --write capturefile ath0
    then it seraches for packets but doesnt find any even tho in vista im getting exellent signal strength.

any help with this>?
    So how far is their router from you, what signal strength do you get from it and what is the signal quality.

"My First Wireless Attack HELP PLEASE"

If you are being attacked by a wireless you should make a helmet out of alfoil

Try Kismet, see if that see's anything.

I see your problem.

There are no commands called "airmon" and "airodump". Try "airmon-ng" and "airodump-ng" and all should be well.

mike12121213
    my problem is: when i search for wireless networks in vista i get my neighbors connection the signal strength is fair-exellent so then i reboot the computer using bt2
    You do realise that you are trying to break the law?