Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: FingerPrint

  1. #1
    CrackH34D
    Guest

    Exclamation FingerPrint

    Would be nice to have fingerprint option as login instead of password
    some laptop have this (like my imb t42)

    If someone can help me to get it working would be nice.
    i think it realy have it's place in BT3 since it's relate about security

  2. #2
    Senior Member shamanvirtuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    this IS NOT A SECURITY !!!

    i can fake your fingerprint in less 10 min........

    with simple scotch tape........bluetak and some powder............

    these fingerprint reader makes me piss off laugh.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

    BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    8,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrackH34D View Post
    Would be nice to have fingerprint option as login instead of password
    some laptop have this (like my imb t42)

    If someone can help me to get it working would be nice.
    i think it realy have it's place in BT3 since it's relate about security
    google Results 1 - 10 of about 93,100 for fingerprint readers in linux. (0.16 seconds)
    looks like that place may have some answers for you,
    Kind of simple really if you are just dying to have a finger print reader for logon then you will need of course the reader, a finger print, thinkfinger dot sourceforge dot net (for the source driver) as well as dependencies.

    Now the second part, BT is a pentesting distro that is designed to run off of a cd it is assumed that the person who operates said distro is pretty security conscience, having said that then that same person probably does'nt have a need for a fingerprint reader that is easily spoofed as shamevirtuel has pointed out.

  4. #4
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,126

    Default

    In my humble opinion I think a netbios password is 100 times more effective a t security than a fingerprint reader and thats not saying much considering bios passwords are pretty easy to crack.

  5. #5
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    this IS NOT A SECURITY !!!

    i can fake your fingerprint in less 10 min........

    with simple scotch tape........bluetak and some powder............

    these fingerprint reader makes me piss off laugh.....
    Not all readers are that easy to spoof. While almost all of them can be spoofed given enough time and equipment. Not all of them can be spoofed in the manner you're describing.

    I have one on my desk at work that is actually very difficult to spoof.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  6. #6
    Senior Member shamanvirtuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    for extrem cases you have liquid latex ........ this is the ultimate solution.....
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

    BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

  7. #7
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    for extrem cases you have liquid latex ........ this is the ultimate solution.....
    Yes, but that still requires a decent amount of skill and time to defeat.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

  8. #8
    Developer
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    6,126

    Default

    I guess I really don't have that much experiance with them except on my toshiba laptops and its pretty easy to spoof.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    65

    Default

    theres one ep os mythbusters they make a gel finger takes them 1 week to do it, and they try nothing, then...they get a photocopy of the fingerprint and lick it, put it against the device and VOILA cracked open lol

    So it took them 2 min solution to work, and others more complex failed.

    search on youtube you will find the ep quickly.

  10. #10
    Senior Member streaker69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA
    Posts
    3,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grikster View Post
    theres one ep os mythbusters they make a gel finger takes them 1 week to do it, and they try nothing, then...they get a photocopy of the fingerprint and lick it, put it against the device and VOILA cracked open lol

    So it took them 2 min solution to work, and others more complex failed.

    search on youtube you will find the ep quickly.
    Actually, I believe your memory is a little faulty. The door lock, opened with the photocopy.


    But the computer didn't unlock until they used the latex.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •