Thread: Broadcom [bcm4328]

Just burned his ISO

Default Broadcom [bcm4328]

After hours of 'googling' and searching through forums I've resigned to posting here in hope of feedback..

I recently bought an HP Pavilion Notebook which comes with a broadcom 4328 chipset.
    To make things worse the laptop doesn't come with PC Card slot. (I even have a netgear pc card that would've worked perfectly from what i've read..)

At first I was thinking of using Ndiswrapper, but that would inhibit me from being able to go into 'monitor mode', so that wont work.

Then i came upon the method using the bcm43xx driver and the bcm43xx-fwcutter but the driver website (h ttp://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#b43andb43legacy) states specifically that bcm4328 is unsupported.
    Actually i did find a thread in the ubuntoforums(h ttp://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=336654) where it seems they got it to work but they did so through ndiswrapper. :/

So is there anything else that I could do to make my wireless adaptor work with BT or am I shit out of luck?
    (I'm thinking the latter.. )

Or.. would a wireless expresscard work with BT? (Maybe one the uses an Atheros chipset..?)

Any ideas??

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

no & no

your dead without using usb

you can't replace the internal card with another because hp locked that in the bios

there's a bios hack........in order to let you install another minipcie card

best solution for hp laptops is usb based adapters...

express card is NOT supported for now
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

dammit, i was worried that would be the case.

is there a compatability list somewhere for BT supported usb adapters??

Just burned his ISO

thanks guys.
    appreciate it.

Just burned his ISO

HEY GUYS, PLEASE GIMMIE A REPLY ON THIS:

So I got a new BlackBook (13.3") C2D of course with the lovely BCM4328. I've pretty much done everything the OP did through Google and found the same stuff about having to use ndiswrapper. Then I had a thought. I can purchase the Atheros card on ebay for about $50. (ebay search "macbook atheros" [check "search title & descriptions"])

Now, putting aside installation, would this work in theory? I have heard a couple issues arise network wise with the C2D Santa Rosa with the Atheros 5008 so I'm not so sure sure If I actually want to go through with this, but can I get some feedback? THANKS!!

PS: Since this topic is not so "fresh" I might have to double-post (new topic), even though I don't want to, so please reply if you read this. Thanks!