Thread: Backtrack install grub boot loader

Just burned his ISO

Question Backtrack install grub boot loader

hi im pretty new to the linux scene and could do with a bit of help. i already have kubuntu and windows installed and intened to install ubuntustudio and slackware (testing all of them). anyway i tried to install using the pdf guide and then the video about dual booting but i cant seem to make backtrack boot it just comes up with a error message. all help appreciated thanks in advance

will

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

well provide us a little more info

version of bt
    system & specs of ur machine
    steps used
    error message

how the hell do u want we can help you without that
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Grub error 15

I recently installed BT2 in a PC, I followed the instructions of a pdf made by you, but when it finish the install and reboot grub have a Error 15 and don't load.

It's a Celeron 600 mhz, 192MB RAM, SYS video card and it's the only OS installed on the HD.

Just burned his ISO

Error 15 is file not found right? I was getting that the other because my grub script was configured wrong. You can do a real quick test through the interactive boot menu by going into edit mode, editing the line that starts with kernel, and hitting tab (auto complete) at the end of every item or killing the last letter or two and hitting tab to make sure the file can be found.

If the file is there, auto complete will fill in the missing info, if the file isn't there then it won't find anything.