Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Learning to Hack

Developer

Don't be a dick and start a new thread. If you look in the other thread thorin gave you a excellent description of each tool.

Ok thanks Thorin. I looked up both of them and thats what I though that Autoscan was Nmap but not as advanced. Were I live they don't offer such courses and I don't have the time or money to take them if they did, thats why I was hoping that I could get some help from you guys.

Sorry to hear that. Your company should look in to hiring someone with the necessary skills. Though if they (the company you work for) were interested in you doing the work I'm sure they'd come up with the funds to make it happen. If this is not the case (which seems likely at this point) then it only goes further to suggest that you're doing something you shouldn't be.

I'm sure at this point you feel like we're all assholes. I'm sorry if that's the case. The problem is we've all seen and had to deal with what can happen in these situations. ie: I've been the guy that had someone like you sitting beside me, and I was the one that had to clean up the mess left by the guy that was fired.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Ok thanks purehate, I will not be a dick and start new threads.

Yeah I completey understand that. Its not my job to maintain the network so really for the job I do I do not require any networks skills, and the company is not run by the computers so I mean we reset the servers a lot actually thats why the guy who is in charge doesn't really need to know about the servers either.

Now I don't think that anybody is assholes, I just think that everyone gets excited when they see a chance to hound the noob which just so happens to be me So I hope that cleared some stuff up. I really do understand a lot about computers, but I just recently got into "hacking" and im sure you can all relate that feeling you get when you learn something new and it actually works!!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    Yeah I completey understand that. Its not my job to maintain the network so really for the job I do I do not require any networks skills, and the company is not run by the computers so I mean we reset the servers a lot actually thats why the guy who is in charge doesn't really need to know about the servers either.

Now I don't think that anybody is assholes, I just think that everyone gets excited when they see a chance to hound the noob which just so happens to be me So I hope that cleared some stuff up. I really do understand a lot about computers, but I just recently got into "hacking" and im sure you can all relate that feeling you get when you learn something new and it actually works!!
    The problem is that we saw someone who obviously doesn't know what they're doing, nor do they realize the ramifications of what they were attempting to do. You're wanting to scan a production network that you really have no authority scanning and the potential for harm there could be rather high.

The last person that ATTEMPTED to scan my network was removed from the property and he was then fired from his position for the contractor that he worked for. That's how serious what you're wanting to do can be.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

If you want to scan something, setup some old boxes at home and do it there. Install programs that would make it more of a "real world scenario". Otherwise, you're going to scan the wrong person one day and get <insert something bad here>.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    thats why I was hoping that I could get some help from you guys.
    In a way, you are getting help, because next time you ask a question, you will use the sacred martial art of google-fu, apply some search-fu in the forums search button, and then, after you have read and researched and still have some questions left, you will post them in the forums, without leaving any bit of information behind, the more info you put up there, the better help you can get...in sense, we're helping you to stand on your own two feet

and to quote every senior member in this community
    "This is a Support Forum, not a Spoonfeeding forum"

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    If you want to scan something, setup some old boxes at home and do it there. Install programs that would make it more of a "real world scenario". Otherwise, you're going to scan the wrong person one day and get <insert something bad here>.
    Yeah, cause ya never know when you're gonna scan an asshole like me.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Now see, we can all get along Ok so I took you guys advice and gave up on my work. I am at my house and have my laptop and my desktop on my router that I can have some fun with.

Now this is where I always get stuck on is once I have access...what to do on the LAN. I know the first thing you do is scan all open ports, but I guess after that is just personal preference on what type of attack.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast