Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Learning to Hack

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Judging from what you just posted, both you should be shown the door and someone competent should be hired.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifix View Post
    I work right next to the guy who maintains the servers so I don't do anything with the network, but honestly he doesn't know what he is doing either. I
    So basically you want to play with things you don't understand and have no right or authority to play with. But we should believe that it's all ok because you have your fingers crossed in the hopes that you don't end up making more work for the guy next to you who is also drowning in work he can't handle. Good show!

Look in to some networking basics courses, sysadmin basics courses, then maybe some ethical hacking courses, security 101 courses, some VA/PenTest methodologies, etc. It's time to get your learn on before you break something and make work for yourself and others.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Judging from what you just posted, both you should be shown the door and someone competent should be hired.
    Those could be any random hallway shots from 1000s of different places online.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Weird, I was just there! It's a janitor's closet you noob, and that cardkey you held up is for parking!!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    I didn't even see a server but anyway...
    Lol that was the door to the server, I used my webcam to take that picture. The black proximity card lock next too the door is were I swipe my card to open the door to it.

I used autoscan in place of nmap. Is this the samething? I got a list of all the open ports on all the machines.

Sorry if I sound like im retarded but im really not. Its like I know what im doing, but when I actually start doing it I draw a blank or something is different from what I read in a tutorial. I want to be able to asses the situation, but I am new to linux and the whole command line thing.

Developer

Well the people have spoken. Your a douche bag

Well I knew that would be an issue so I took steps in advance. Here is a picture of the room with the server, and me holding the access card to enter the room with the server.
    What?? No face? We'll need to see your face.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Well the people have spoken. Your a douche bag
    LOL!!!! that was too funny.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Wow I love this, I post a question about how I would like to learn how to anaylize a network and what do I get? Well I should be fired, im a douche bag, I have a parking lot card to the janitor's closet, and when I actually do try to prove that I am not just some hacker trying to destroy a network... I get spat on. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Wow I love this, I post a question about how I would like to learn how to anaylize a network and what do I get? Well I should be fired, im a douche bag, I have a parking lot card to the janitor's closet, and when I actually do try to prove that I am not just some hacker trying to destroy a network... I get spat on. Thanks for all the help guys!!!
    This was the best post yet!

The answer was already provided:
    Look in to some networking basics courses, sysadmin basics courses, then maybe some ethical hacking courses, security 101 courses, some VA/PenTest methodologies, etc. It's time to get your learn on before you break something and make work for yourself and others.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast