Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: linksys WRH54g customise firmware?

Exclamation linksys WRH54g customise firmware?

i was fiddling with my AP and thought of installing airsnarf rouge ap firmware coz mine AP is WRH54g and it's for WRT54g . i made a quick nmap scan and found this :-
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ge/linksys.jpg.
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by sin_gage View Post
    i was fiddling with my AP and thought of installing airsnarf rouge ap firmware coz mine AP is WRH54g and it's for WRT54g . i made a quick nmap scan and found this :-
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ge/linksys.jpg.
    Do you actually have a question, or did you just feel the need to post a picture?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Do you actually have a question, or did you just feel the need to post a picture?
    while googling i just found that toolsl like kismet or Airsnarf can be made to work on WRT54G so just wanted to know does anyone knws where the same things applies to WRH54G or not. i dont have WRT54g to confirm..just that...and please dont just always think that in this way...
    :cool:" i had rather be hated for wat i am than to be loved for wat i am not ......":p

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

while googling i just found that toolsl like kismet or Airsnarf can be made to work on WRT54G so just wanted to know does anyone knws where the same things applies to WRH54G or not. i dont have WRT54g to confirm..just that...and please dont just always think that in this way...
    Oh I'm sorry, I was confused, because a question normally ends with this symbol '?', since I didn't see one, I wasn't sure if you were actually asking a question or not.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Couldn't see it on the openWRT or ddWRT hcl's - only a very brief glance though.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Although the ddwrt news pages shows a WHR of some kind, regarding somekind of new partnership with Buffalo...
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/index.php

Recently Buffalo Technologies released a new Routerproduct which will be the successor of the already pretty good WHR G54s model series. This new Router named WHR-G125 comes with a much faster CPU (240 Mhz) as well as with a new better performing Wifi Chipset. in my first tests based on a sample provided by Buffalo, this router was showing a significantly better receiving sensitivity than comparable older broadcom based routers like the Linksys WRT54G. DD-WRT does support this Router in since mid of May in our V24 release series. watch out for this new product at your local stores.
    The DD-WRT Team has made a special build for this router series to support the new features of this wifi chipset, consider that this firmware is not compatible with any other Broadcom router. If you have specific questions you may contact us within the Forum or on my email address
    Sounds hopeful. Go take a look.........

Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    Although the ddwrt news pages shows a WHR of some kind, regarding somekind of new partnership with Buffalo...
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/index.php
    Sounds hopeful. Go take a look.........
    thanks for your help. Actually it a Linksys WRH54G and i have posted my nmap output so that someone having a Linksys WRT54G router can tell whats the difference between both the products. if any one can post any info about i will be able to get a clear understanding about the issue..thanks

Linksys WRH54G http://www-in.linksys.com/servlet/Sa...=2900585430B07

Sorry - you've lost me.........

I thought that you were asking whether the WRH was supported in the same way as the WRT, with the custom firmwares, such as OpenWRT and ddWRT??

You want to compare the output of an nmap scan on both a WRT and a WHT?? To what avail??
    What exactly are you trying to achieve??

c i suppose if they both work on same os version then i can try 2 look further also its WRH54G and i suppose its only launched in india , so i think it may be based on WRT54g. So i want 2 confirm it. on that basis i can decide whether i can go ahead and modify it.

Wouldn't that be best asked of the people that make the modified firmware.

c i suppose if they both work on same os version then i can try 2 look further also its WRH54G and i suppose its only launched in india , so i think it may be based on WRT54g. So i want 2 confirm it. on that basis i can decide whether i can go ahead and modify it.
    Type English!!!! WTF does that say?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast