Thread: Help to get started

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Help to get started

I just got BT2 up and running on my computer. I want to know how to crack a wep key, but I dont know were to start. I tryed to use aircrack, but I dont know how to use the options or what to type.

It would be a good idea to actually search the forum before asking a question like that.

Developer

There are plenty of video tutorials by xploitz in the tutorials section. What you really need is a search 'fu and google 'fu tutorial.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Hold on guys, let's help him out a bit.

First, What's the Make and Model of the AP that you're trying to crack? And how far away from the AP are you?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

First, What's the Make and Model of the AP that you're trying to crack? And how far away from the AP are you?
    Damn you Streaker, I was going to ask that!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Damn you Streaker, I was going to ask that!
    I know.

Remember, I'm Psychic.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I know.

Remember, I'm Psychic.
    No kidding, I looked at the thread, had the thought, scrolled down, and saw that you had typed my thought. Genius!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Just burned his ISO

I am all new to this, and need help to get started. I could not find a good places in the forums, so that I could get started. I how to get started and I dont know any of the command lines.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

If you want to learn commands in linux try this website
    hxxp://www dot oreillynet.com/linux/cmd/ replace the xx's and dot

if you want to learn to crack a wep key then look in the tutorials here or on google
    your best be would be to search either one of the above and do a little reading and then just experiment with the commands the worst that can happen is you hose your computer but you can always go back and reinstall or whatever.....