Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linksys usb wireless adapter

Question Linksys usb wireless adapter

i have a Linksys WUSB54G usb wireles adapter and i can seem to get it to be recognized by bt2 are there any drivers out there to make this usb adapter to work, because i read on the aircrack site that i can use it to crack wep but i cant even get it to work.

Any help would be great

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddoggpt View Post
    i have a Linksys WUSB54G usb wireles adapter and i can seem to get it to be recognized by bt2

What do you mean it is recognized (how do you know??)
    And if it is recognized then why cant you use it ? What do you mean ???

are there any drivers out there to make this usb adapter to work,

Yes there are drivers!

because i read on the aircrack site that i can use it to crack wep but i cant even get it to work.
    Any help would be great
    If you want any real help then at least make the attempt to help out by being specific when you post.

im sorry i cant seem to make coherent sentences while im on a message board but what i was trying to ask is how can i get my usb wireless adapter running under backtrack so that it can support packet injecting. becuase right now when i go uinder usb devices in the all applications menu it shows that an unknown device is plugged in. I have wat i believe the correct driver is for the adapter to make it work but i am lost after that i have tried to find an easy tutorial on google but only to no avail. sorry if i was unclear please let me know if i skipped over anything you couldn't understand from my jibberish

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

try using
    $ifconfig rausb0 up
    to bring the interface up
    then do
    $iwconfig to see what adapters are there you should see the lo "loopback"
    and maybe another one like wifi0, ath0, ath1 or something like that
    this will tell you if the device is recognized or not...
    if that works you can then use the iwconfig command to configure it to the network you want to use.

again try $iwconfig --help to see more about the switches you can use

Smile

of course you don't type in "$" on those commands. lol. Anyway, that particular usb is my favorite wireless unit. It accomodates an easy and effective antenna mod by the way.

If you try those terminal commands, BT2 should see the usb unit. Also, try either the dmesg or lsusb commands in the terminal to see what is happening.

Enjoy your BT2 putzing.

Alacrity

EDIT: Had a couple pms asking for the antenna mod info. One link: http://egidy.de/wifi/wusb54g/

ok maybe I'm just stupid but when i type in
    Code:
    ifconfig rausb0
    i get an error
    Code:
    rausb0:ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
    so I'm kind of stuck but when i do
    Code:
    iwconfig
    it shows my wireless cards connection but not the usb adapter thanks for the help I'm really anxious to get this working

Im kind of having the same problem with a similar card....mine is the WUSB54GS. I saw that it dosen't work, and that it dose work, figured I would try it out myself to see what happens. It shows up in the USB view window as being recognized and whatnot. So I would think I should be able to make it work....Ill try messing arround with it some more when I get home.

hey minimog if you find a solution will you post it and let me know cuz i would love to get this thing figured out

Just burned his ISO

I am also having the same problem with my wireless card. I have the Linksys USB WUSB300n, I just cant seem to get bt to the recognize card, it's like usb port has no power going to it. I checked in bt too see if the usb recognized anythign to be pluged in and it did but said was not accepted in startup?

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

N cards are based on a draft standard .... it's just too early to develop stable drivers ......
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast