Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of a learning curve am I looking at?

Just burned his ISO

Default What kind of a learning curve am I looking at?

I want to sit down and learn linux. My plan is to sit down at work and read through the slackware basics and mess around with Linux a bit on a VM in between helpdesk calls and stuff.

How much time give or take, I know this is a relative question, do I need to put in before I can actually sit down and be able to play with backtrack without sitting there and scratching my head.

Developer

That would probably depend on your computer competence but don't think for a second that it will be overnight.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    That would probably depend on your computer competence but don't think for a second that it will be overnight.
    I thought for a second that it would be overnight, is that ok?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Developer

A one second orgasm is better that no orgasm I guess.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

A one second orgasm is better that no orgasm I guess.
    Streaker comes from a very scary place= Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

I know> I posted a picture a while back of the most stolen sign in the states and its in streakers home town (or right nearby)

lol, what sign was that?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    lol, what sign was that?
    The sign that Welcomes you to Intercourse, PA.

Virginia may be for lovers, but PA has Intercourse.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

That's pretty awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast