Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protection

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudeWalker View Post
    Also I used to smoke cigarettes.

What do y'all recommend for a firewall? Hardware? Software?
    Hardware. Freaking 10 character limit.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Answer : WPA2 with Radius Encryption is the best...as well as my above mentioned password hints and tips. If you cannot setup WPA2 Radius..then just use WPA2 with a password like I suggested.
    I'm pretty sure Radius is authentication not encryption

As for AV, assuming you mean on windows. I'd suggest BitDefender a lot of people I know use it and seem to like it. Plus they seem to have really good pricing, I recently saw a deal 3 systems for 2 years $31.99

Though things like this:
    http://www.gdspublishing.com/ic_pdf/cxoa/eset.pdf

Seem to indicate that NOD32 and Kaspersky are the best choices. Personally I don't run AV on my home system. I rarely download things (ie: 2 or 3 times a year) and when I do I simply use an online scanner.

I may try NOD32 on a new system I'll be building in the New Year, I just wish it was a little cheaper. 2yrs $60 seems like a lot for a single system.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I'm pretty sure Radius is authentication not encryption
    Doh!!

Thats what I get for typing ahead of myself!

Yes..What I meant to say was WPA2 encryption with radius authentication is the best.

Better?
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    1. What -=Xploitz=- said.
    2. What -=Xploitz=- said.
    3. Kaspersky or nod32 I've found to be the best. It's not hard to get something past norton or mcafee.
    do Kapersky or nod32 detect hydra running?

i know i dont need virus protection on my linux boot but i keep trying to run hydra and john to practice on my laptop's (windows boot) but my VP keeps preventing me from going any further, i realize i could shut it down when i do this, which i have. .. :roll:

i am just wondering if there is virus protection that will i guess "let" you run hydra/john and other crackers while having the protection running.

i just searched also, this is the only thread that popped up.

thanks!

Try Free-AVG and tell it to permit these applications when it warns you about them.

Just burned his ISO

personally i recommend drweb its the only that had self repair feature, after that kaspersky and finally NOD32, i think it depends on the user, if the user just use hotmail and youtube for example (and dont read stupid FWDs) NOD32 is the best choice...for some user that want to downlad everything and try everything Kaspersky is the best choice, for intrusion detection, there is specifical app for that, and there is not usefull AV or Firewall (usually intruders are always looking for new and non public xploits or vuln.) for this use HIPS (host intrusion prevention systems) and Firewalls like System Safety Monitor, Online Armor, Ghost security suite, with Seagate Firewall... in Linux just the distro and google for config. =)

Okay, I'm only answering one point here, AV for windows.

From the point if view of someone that works as a tech, most of my day is spent doing the mind-numbing tedious task of removing virii and spyware from systems.

Funnily enough, those with AVG (free) are usually riddled.

Norton is better than it has been for years, though will slow your PC down (A lot) due the the silly overheads.

McAffee? Ugh... crashes are present in a lot more machines than I would like to see, that dissapear when it's removed.

Bullguard is crap, end of. Heuristic scanning is useless on that.

NOD32 is by far the best. Small footprint, fast and accurate Heuristic scanning. On the odd occasion I boot into Windows, it's there, and on the missus machine too. Well worth the £30 odd that it costs if you don't want to manually remove the stuff. Though there are you-know-what apps floating round to extend your trial version.

Developer

I vote for nod32

I heard that Kapersky is good... though I've never used it.
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]hehe...
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

None of the above AV's will protect a machine from an average rootkit, which are everyday zero day threats.

I'd rather have a dozen viri, a can of worms and a box of trojans before getting one little custom crafted trampoline-hooked RK.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast