Thread: Cannot connect ? WHY ???

Default Cannot connect ? WHY ???

Hi there,

Iīm familiar with backtrack, and have connected succesfully to several of my own aps before, but this time I just canīt do in in BT and it drives me nuts.

I do the common stuff like

ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid XXXXX key XXXXXX
    after that :
    iwconfig to check my link quality.

The signal is strong, and in XP it takes less than two seconds to connect,
    but when I do a dhcpcd wlan0...thereīs absolutly nothing. no response.

I own this Huawei MT880r Router, and thereīs no MAC-Filter.

What could it be ? Like I said, in XP its a piece of cake.

Thanx everyone, and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabound View Post
    Hi there,

Iīm familiar with backtrack, and have connected succesfully to several of my own aps before, but this time I just canīt do in in BT and it drives me nuts.

I do the common stuff like

ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwconfig wlan0 mode managed essid XXXXX key XXXXXX
    after that :
    iwconfig to check my link quality.

The signal is strong, and in XP it takes less than two seconds to connect,
    but when I do a dhcpcd wlan0...thereīs absolutly nothing. no response.

I own this Huawei MT880r Router, and thereīs no MAC-Filter.

What could it be ? Like I said, in XP its a piece of cake.

Thanx everyone, and peace.
    Hey there Vagabound!! Long time no see!! Glad to see ya back even if it is just to ask a question. Next time stay a little longer!

First....
    Go to your /etc/dhcpc folder and DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE!!

then run the following commands in your shell window....

airmon-ng stop wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 down
    iwconfig wlan0 essid XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    dhcpcd wlan0

And your now connected!!

BTW..what card and chipset are you using? Just curious.

****EDIT****

Heres a hint. In the future...anytime you change encryption or cards out..you need to delete the contents of this folder. Why? Because when you go from WPA to WEP or any other encryption or card...it goes off of the last correct DHCPDC command you used in your shell. So if you use to use WPA and you change your encryption to WEP...when you get to the dhchcd wlan0 command..its running dhcpcd from when you were connecting with WPA. See how this would not let you connect now??
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] Ū[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Yo thanx man !

Iīll try that out in a bit, although Iīm not if it works since Iīve never connected to a WPA in BT before...I use a Senao 2511, as far as I know its a bitch no configure it to connect to WPA in BT..

Well, I keep reading posts here, notice that You and Shaman keep being the most active ones...but whenever a topic becomes sort of interesting some geeky law student just cuts the conversation....
    Dunno...Itīs a good board for people having troubles configuring the WiFi cards, but who want to go beyond simply goes somewhere else I suppose....which is a pitty.....Anyway, I liked you Tuts...and I desperatly waiting for shamans Air release...When is it coming out anyway ?

With all those Handhelds coming out these days (iPod, Zaurus, Neo 1975...N800).....a BT versions for handheld would be da Sh++T !!!...I know it has been discussed before, but it just disappeared..
    Seems harder to do...and so far, only an older Zaurus version supports injection....or does anyone know anything diferent ??

Ok..pretty mixed up post, anyway..
    Peace.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

AIR will be relized the 6 of October for my birthday =)

reliz of complete version of charon (mdk3 gui) in 2 days

new version reliz of svaas (arp ampli script) in a week

new reliz of aircrack-updater in 2 or 3 days.......

a new project will extend svaas to all attacks in a text gui, this one is called 'wep spoonfeeder' and is in early stages

and also a nonamed project based on scapy have born this week, but it's a secret for the moment..........

thx 4 your words and for your remarks , you know we are only protecting this forum......there's enough good disclosure and info forums....we don't want to lose the scope of this forum....wich is support for bt....and with BT3 coming..........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Thatīs the way to go...and least its not getting boring here !
    We almost share the same birthday..which is cool, cauz itīs going to my present as well than...so iīll be just keep waiting for links then...

A another - just deleted all these dhcpcd files, even updated wireless assistent and played around with diferent mac..and STILL. no connect
    in BT...thats so weird...but I guess this one will remain an unsolved mistery....

Ah, a little present here :
    WIFI ZOO http://community.corest.com/~hochoa/wifizoo/index.html

looks like good tool, havenīt checked it out yet though !....
    peace.

EnculeurDePoules

same for me here...
    except that because I have 4965agn I have debian and not backtrack2 installed
    (i have the cd and a "virtualisation on my windows xp"...

But it's the same my open wifi network at work I can not connect via Debian...
    even after doing your steps!
    (except that dhcpd is called like dhcdpd or something)
    its just see the network, apparently connect but dont give me a proper ip...

I can connect with no problems from xp...

Today i was trying to assign IP adresses with ifconfig, messed around with sensibility and fragmentation etc...nothing... well, iīll just use windows then....**** it.

Just burned his ISO

odd as it seems i also have the same problem using the senao. They may be great cards for cracking etc but for ease of use......hmm

Unless someone else can advise on the exact steps they use ' FROM A FRESH BOOT' ie
    1. load senao drivers.
    2. Switch to Managed mode
    2. confugre essid, channel, wepkey then dhcpcd.

Thats all i should need to do but this card as mentioned will not. All my other cards do flawlessly WG511 and the WG511T both diferent chipsets and use different interface descriptions. So I can only assume this is either a driver issue in BT or the cards themselves are not that configurable.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

U tried flashing the firmware?

I have the same problem,

I've always connected to my AP in BT via Bash shell or The GUI wireless assistant. For some real starnge reason it doesnt work any more????????

Of course I
    First....
    Go to your /etc/dhcpc folder and DELETE EVERYTHING INSIDE!!

then run the following commands in your shell window....

airmon-ng stop wlan0
    ifconfig wlan0 down
    iwconfig wlan0 essid XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX key XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    dhcpcd wlan0

This isn't resolving the issue.

I reinstalled the NIC and rebooted "Still cannot connect"

Is there a Cache or something else besides /etc/DHCPC/ I have to trash, There has to be some thing my WPN311 stores in BT to corrupt it