Thread: Help with bootloader

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with bootloader

Hi everyone, I've tried to install this distro on my laptop, i've follow the guide, i want use only this distro, but when the installation is finished and restart i found a grub 17 error ??? How i can fix this??? thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
    Hi everyone, I've tried to install this distro on my laptop, i've follow the guide, i want use only this distro, but when the installation is finished and restart i found a grub 17 error ??? How i can fix this??? thx
    What guide did you follow if not what were your exact commands you used, what hardware do you have, why are you using grub instead of lilo. A that and more is important info needed by anyone to answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
    Hi everyone, I've tried to install this distro on my laptop, i've follow the guide, i want use only this distro, but when the installation is finished and restart i found a grub 17 error ??? How i can fix this???
    Based on the huge wealth of information you provided, my guess is you can't fix it.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Post the contents of grub.conf ...........if you cannot figure out where this file is located or what a grub.conf is then you should probably go back to windows
    I like to think but the promise of easy answers is hard to pass up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You know your a geek when binary jokes make you giggle