Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use your Browser's Home button?

Default Do you use your Browser's Home button?

I recently came across this article Firefox Homepage JavaScript Execution, which asks the question:
    "how often do you click on the Homepage button?"
    To which I think to myself, "as often as I need to visit about:blank....ie: never." How often do other people use the Home button? Personally I always found it kind of useless.

But seriously I'd like to know if other people actually use it.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    I recently came across this article Firefox Homepage JavaScript Execution, which asks the question:
    To which I think to myself, "as often as I need to visit about:blank....ie: never." How often do other people use the Home button? Personally I always found it kind of useless.

But seriously I'd like to know if other people actually use it.
    Well, since I actually go in and change the Home button to a link that's I use alot, then I click it whenever I want to 'go home'.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

i don't click home, but i do also change my homepage. anyway basically alt+home works for me and it is faster than clicking in most cases. then again i'm a keyboard junkie.

Developer

I change my homepage but rarely click that silly button.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

I use it about a thousand times a day. Google Baby!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    I use it about a thousand times a day. Google Baby!
    Hmmm in Firefox I always just hit Alt+D then tab (set focus to address bar then tab to the google search field).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I have my "Home" set to my search engine of choice, yahoo.com. I use it quite a bit, even with also having my search bar set to "yahoo.com". I guess that it is a matter of personal choice.

For instance, I absolutely hate tabs. I therefore love the ability that Firefox gives me to customize my browser the way I like it. Three cheers for "userChrome.css" and customability! And three cheers for "Firefox" and it's decision to allow almost complete user configuration of the UI!

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post

For instance, I absolutely hate tabs.
    I couldn't live without Tabs. I love machine-gunning through them like some crazed monkey... with a machine gun...
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post

For instance, I absolutely hate tabs.
    How can you hate tabs? They're about the best thing that hit the inturweb since Algore invented it.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    They're about the best thing that hit the inturweb since Algore invented it.
    LOL!

Anyone ever used FLOCK? It looks interesting. I think it's based on firefox, but supposedly runs mucho faster.

Edit: Yes, it does seem faster, but I heard firefox 3 will be faster as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast