Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I go about using this exploit?

Developer

Milw0rms site seems to be having some issues so I can not look at the code for you. There should be something in the exploit code to tell you the connection parameters.

I put the .py file on my server and connected to it port 554 while the .py file was running. This is what it said:
    "Listening on [RTSP] 554
    Connection accepted from: 192.168.2.4
    Done, press enter to quit"

But after that nothing happens. If I'm reading the shellcode correctly, a cmd window should open or would there still be something else I need to do?

(milw0rm.com/exploits/4657)

Developer

sounds like your target is not vunerable.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ESC201 View Post
    "Listening on [RTSP] 554
    Connection accepted from: 192.168.2.4
    Done, press enter to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    sounds like your target is not vunerable.
    Whew, Thank God. I thought my system was patched against that, but you never can tell these days! Next time ask before attacking my pr0n box!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

My systems should be vulnerable to it since I have quicktime 7.3. I'll do some more research on Google. Anyway, you guys answered my original question. Thanks for all the help.

Developer

I suggest the security focus site. Specifically the section on vulnerabilities. It might also be worth mentioning that often on public exploit sites such as milworm a piece of code will be removed or altered to prevent abuse. Also lately I've been seeing calc.exe as a shell code because with out knowledge of shellcode little abuse can be done with a calculator.

That's a good move in my opinion, it stops it being plug and play for skriddies and means they must actually have some knowledge to use it for anything other than a POC, which I think is a cool move.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    I suggest the security focus site. Specifically the section on vulnerabilities. It might also be worth mentioning that often on public exploit sites such as milworm a piece of code will be removed or altered to prevent abuse. Also lately I've been seeing calc.exe as a shell code because with out knowledge of shellcode little abuse can be done with a calculator.
    Thats actually false. Exploits are fixed and change on milw0rm (not broken).

/str0ke

Developer

I did not say they were broken. You should learn how to read before you correct me. I said they are altered. For example the one that I had the most trouble with was a variable which was P was defined and then on the next line it was zeroed out and then on the next line the function is called but there is no variable because we zeroed it out. So thats what I mean by altered and as a matter of fact it IS broken because when run with out the fix it will cause a segmentation fault.

Metasploit quicktime 7.3 - can someone please take a look at this and tell me what Im doing wrong?? http://rapidshare.com/files/73878364...t_7.3.wmv.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast