Thread: multi boot backtrack 2 with winows xp

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default multi boot backtrack 2 with winows xp

hello i am trying to install bt2 i am wathing the video that is on this site
    i am up to the bit where you have to type cp --preserve -R /
    and i get a error cp: missing destination file operand after `/'
    but i did evy think it told me to do and this happened is there some silly reson this happend or is it like new

Just burned his ISO

You dont have used google as wel my boy: google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=active&q=site%3Aremote-exploit.org+dualboot+with+xp&meta=
    And the first hit isss..... (you guess it already) : forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=1396

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

This thread is an English Teacher's worst nightmare. I have no idea what either of you just said.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

Its Hacker speak. You must be really l33t to understand. I of course am not. Funny how people with "I want to hack the planet dreams" can't even use proper grammar and spelling.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Its Hacker speak. You must be really l33t to understand. I of course am not. Funny how people with "I want to hack the planet dreams" can't even use proper grammar and spelling.
    Hacker speak? I thought it was hill-billy talk... I wish we had a vote button of some sort. When enough people vote, the thread goes away.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Developer

Except I would surely be voted out

Quote Originally Posted by spankdidly View Post
    Hacker speak? I thought it was hill-billy talk... I wish we had a vote button of some sort. When enough people vote, the thread goes away.
    "Squeal like a pig!"

@ ihackdw

1) Re: your nick. You hack nothing. (You can't even figure out the syntax of a copy command.)
    2)
    i am up to the bit where you have to type cp --preserve -R /
    and i get a error cp: missing destination file operand after `/'
    Tells you exactly what the problem is.

http://unixhelp.ed.ac.uk/CGI/man-cgi?cp
    http://www.computerhope.com/unix/ucp.htm

Hint:
    The copy command requires both a source and destination.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.