Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is there a way to pervent network sniffing?

Developer

Also might want to change your sig before xploitz see's it. Maybe you should think about getting your own internet or use a router software that supports independent IP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Here you go.

Linky thingy.

I'm doing something similar, but I use my ipcop box to separate the networks.
    Ohh this is exactly what i'm looking for... cool thanx..

i wonder if there is a way to separate the wireless from the LAN and still use the internet. Thanx you so much
    I made fun of -=Xploitz=- and I got banned for 3 days.

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guardianx View Post
    it is not a question of trust i jus want to know if it is possible to pervent some1 from sniffing. apparently this is not the forum to ask. sorry.
    Pervent: To Ogle, or to watch with immoral thoughts upon women, through a ventilation system.

NICE!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Ohh this is exactly what i'm looking for... cool thanx..

i wonder if there is a way to separate the wireless from the LAN and still use the internet. Thanx you so much
    That will do pretty much exactly that.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    That will do pretty much exactly that.
    Do that, then...

1) Change your sig (it's not that KooL)
    2) Take Streaker's advice and get rid of the bloke who's spoogin' in yer Lucky Charms
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Do that, then...

1) Change your sig (it's not that KooL)
    2) Take Streaker's advice and get rid of the bloke who's spoogin' in yer Lucky Charms
    So that's how they frost them......
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

it is not a question of trust i jus want to know if it is possible to pervent some1 from sniffing. apparently this is not the forum to ask. sorry.
    If you trust him then there's no point in trying to figure out how to prevent something you don't expect to happen. Would you go shopping for a car if you never intend to get your license?
    We already covered that. Perhaps instead of trying to insult everyone here who is giving up their time to answer your question by telling them this isn't a good place to ask questions you could try reading the replies you got and checking out the provided information.

So far:
    1) You asked a question, then tell us the answer is irrelevant because the issue you're asking about will never come to pass.
    2) You choose not to read the answers or follow-up on the information provided.

Yet this is a bad place to ask questions? We're not giving up our time providing details for something that you now claim is totally irrelevant. Get real!
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123