Thread: knetworkmanager

Default knetworkmanager

is it possible to install debian packeges in backtrack i mean like knetworkmanager its a .deb file

For debian packages you may want to investigate the command deb2tgz
    I am pretty sure that command is included, although I have never needed to use it.

the reason is in ubuntu everytime i try and configure my wireless card in command line to connect to internet it doesnt work but when i go to knetworkmanager it works and in backtrack v2 if i try and configure my card it doesnt work even with the wifi manager so i thought i could install knetworkmanager and get my WG111v2 to connect to the net

Developer

One slice of google 'fu and I found what you need. Please take the remote exploit forums google 'fu class next time.

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...?content=46395

This is the source download. Make sure you fulfill the dependencies for this because it is only a front end for network manager.

yeah ive downloaded that and it never works cuz i need dependencies and i cant get them cuz im not connect to the internet on backtrack so i either have to log into windows or xubuntu

Developer

So use another OS and download the dependents and then put them on your backtrack OS.

or wlassistant 0.5.7 works well

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    So use another OS and download the dependents and then put them on your backtrack OS.
    if i only knew, thanks anyways ppl ill stick with kubuntu ubuntu xubuntu or until i buy a new wireless card