Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell 1390 MiniCard Backtrack 2 Compatibility

diggity > pm

aol <shudder>

free Inspirion <smile>

Just ordered mine so hopefully it comes around the same time my laptop does.. I'v only taken off the keyboard for a laptop once before to upgrade the memory, so this is going to be a little scary. Thanks for the tip on the wireless card though Brukout!

it may be AOL thats my ISP, and i know they have loads of issues but so far they been pretty good to me. People complain they cap their downloads but i have been FTPing at 1MB/s ever since i got it so im happy as a pig in poo

Just burned his ISO thecheekymonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruk0ut View Post
    Hey,

I got a Dell Inspirion 1501 last month. You may have read my post in another thread.

Before I even powered it up, I swapped the Dell 1390 wless card with a Gigabye GN-WI01GT Mini-PCI-E card.

check

Im actually in the process of trying to sell the 1390 as it is just sitting there in an envelope.

I don't think there is much support for ExpressCards just now.

Im not sure of the Vostro archetecture, but with the Inspirion, I had to remove the keyboard to access the Mini PCI-E bay.

goto dell.com > click the blue questionmark button (i.e support) > goto manuals > enter your vostro > goto the service manual and you will see there how to replace the mini pci-e card.

however, I would be sure to check that you do indeed have a Mini PCI-E card and not a Mini PCI card.

Mini PCI-E are about have the size of Mini PCI and the manual is mis-leading.

even my invoice states "1390 Mini PCI-Card" but it is Mini PCI-E. Check under the "connectivity" section of the USER manual and if it says Dell 1390 Wilress Mini PCI-E" then its a PCI-E slot that you have.

A Mini-PCI card which I looked into before I realised I had Mini PCI-E was the Gigabyte GN WIAG02.

Both these gigabyte cards have the atheros chipset and the GN-WI01GT (Mini PCI-E) card has given me no problems at all and has a pretty good range on it as it utilises the Atheros Xtended Range.

Injection works great.

If you do go for my recommendation, dont go for the first place selling it, look around as the prices vary. I got mine for about 18.00 GBP delivered, however I found out later I could have got it for about 16.00 GBP.
    Are you still happy with this card? can you confirm that everything is working fine? and have you actually cracked any networks with this card?

cheers

merry new year

Just burned his ISO thecheekymonkey's Avatar

just to update, i have purcahsed this card (Gigabye GN-WI01GT Mini-PCI-Express) and it works flawlessly.

well tested on the no clients fake auth attack anyways. very fast at injection, i`d say faster than my new alfa networks 500 (but nowhere near the range)

just for others who may want to know.

p.s. used under bt3 beta

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12