Thread: Dell E1505, Wireless

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell E1505, Wireless

Right, so, I got this Dell E1505 for work, as well as some play. I decided that it might be a good idea to see if the new BackTrack 2 release would work well.

The wireless card is a Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Card, I'm not sure what chipset it uses. Suffice to say that I'm writing this because Back|Track isn't working. My first question, how can I get this thing working. I'm something of a Linux newbie in terms of network security. Second question, even if I do get Back|Track to recognize this thing, will it work for network penetration testing?

Second wireless question, I have a bluetooth card integrated, a Dell Truemobile 355 Bluetooth + EDR. It refuses to be recognized by the Back|Track installation as well. So these questions are the same, can I get it to work, and if it does work, can I get it to be useful for network security?

So you obviously did no searching of either the forum, the wiki or google before asking questions that have been answered numerous times before.

1st Read the forum rules
    2nd Search the forum
    3rd Search the wiki
    4th Search google
    5th Ask

Just burned his ISO

Did a forum search, ended up with no information relating to the Dell E1505 or the 3945ABG wireless card. Did a Wiki search, found nothing. Did a Google search and ended up with the old reverse engineered drivers that I used back with Back|Track 1 that didn't work with the Broadcom wireless card that I had with an old ACER laptop.

But, seeing as how you'd like me to go back and search the forums some more, I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformat View Post
    Did a forum search, ended up with no information relating to the Dell E1505 or the 3945ABG wireless card. Did a Wiki search, found nothing. Did a Google search and ended up with the old reverse engineered drivers that I used back with Back|Track 1 that didn't work with the Broadcom wireless card that I had with an old ACER laptop.

But, seeing as how you'd like me to go back and search the forums some more, I will.
    I have just checked, and there are answers for all of those questions both in the forum and on the wiki.