Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can't see my partitions

Default can't see my partitions

hi ,

i am using BT on vmware workstation. i thought that normally BT would automount all my partitions which is not the case. i type mount and i don't see any of my other partitions mounted.

any help will be appreciated

p.s: i tried to look through search or tutorials for a similar problem but couldn't find any , guess it must be really simple...

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

What partitions are you looking for? partitions you made with backtrack?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

no my windows and ubuntu partition

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Post what you see lol also run fdisk on the hdd and post what partitions you find there.

when i type mount i see:

tmpfs on / type tmpfs (rw)
    proc on /proc type proc (rw)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
    usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,devgid=10,devmode=0666)

fdisk :
    i should write fdisk nameofthedevice but i don't know the name of the device .
    under /dev i see gpmctl = hda ,hda1,hda2,hdc .

and which command do i use to see what devices i have on bash ?

thanks again

p.s: is it actually possible to mount my partitions using vmware+BT ?

I'm confused, are you tri-booting in Vmware?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

no . i am talking about partitions i have outside vmware..i am using vmware only for BT

note : i am newbie using linux/vmware.

Vmware is a completely SEPERATE machine. It's an Entity all by itself. No, it will not see any other partitions outside of the vmware box. It's like having another PC. It just happens to be accessible through your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by bwise
    note : i am newbie using linux/vmware.
    This may qualify for the annual "Understatement of the Year" award. I will submit your post into the hopper for the award.

As spankdidly has said, your partitions on your host machine do not exist in your virtual machine environment. Therefore, there is nothing to mount.

Maybe you should learn to walk before you try to run.

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    This may qualify for the annual "Understatement of the Year" award. I will submit your post into the hopper for the award.

As spankdidly has said, your partitions on your host machine do not exist in your virtual machine environment. Therefore, there is nothing to mount.

Maybe you should learn to walk before you try to run.
    He's got to learn somewhere though right, as we all did. SLK001, you can be kinda mean sometimes. Lighten up! It's just a forum! add some smileyfaces or something sheesh. He's a nubcake, a n00b, we can see that. Offer him some guides to read or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast