Thread: Hardware compatibility

Just burned his ISO

Post Hardware compatibility

Hello all

I did not know where to post this so I did it here if this is wrong place please move to another topic.

In few months time I am planning to but laptop DELL XPS M1330. I have search on Google and found out that this laptop is quite good with Slackware 12 but I would like to be able to run BackTrack 2 and in the future BackTrack 3

My question is as follow: Has anyone been able to test this laptop on BackTrack 2 if yes I would appreciate you comments guys 

PS I noticed that quite a lot of people on this forum asking for hardware compatibility; maybe it would be good idea to open new /separate topic for them.

Thanks in advance for you help and comments

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by pi4r0n View Post
    PS I noticed that quite a lot of people on this forum asking for hardware compatibility; maybe it would be good idea to open new /separate topic for them.
    That would be why we have a wiki with HCL on.

The problem is, whilst it is well documented that it is there, it is not used as often as it should be.

Just burned his ISO

OK THX 4 that balding_parrot

So What I can do now is just buy this laptop (DELL XPS M1330) and test by myself

PS. I have tested 3 laptops which are not on wiki list and have some comment. To whom can I send them to apper on wiki.

1. Aristo Smart 250D

pi4r0n comments - Runs fine with no extra parameters.
    * No problem with booting
    * IPW2200 can enter monitor mode
    * IPW2200
    * Packet Injection with IPW2200 is possible

1. Dell Inspiron 640m

pi4r0n comments - Does not run fine.
    * No problem with booting
    * Monitoring mode all right but no no packet injection is possible

Do not rememebr 3 one but will get is soon.

Ta

On the first page it says

Notice

Recent spambot activity has caused us to require login before updates and edits can be made. Members in the Editor usergroup can log in as themselves with edit rights, other humans can log in as user=backtrack password=remoteexploit. All visitors can read the wiki, edits require login. This move, though perhaps inconvenient, will assist us with spambot control.
    So as you can see, you or anyone else is welcome to add to it.
    Just a shame more people don't.