Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BT on ibook G3

@ Barry

No I only have burned copies of the OSX and it does read the disc once booted up. I'm assuming it won't boot from the disc because it's all .rar files.

So far it won't boot from any disc. I tried holding down alt/option so it will show boot devices and tried a a few different discs and no luck

Yea, without a real os boot disk to try it with, it's hard to tell why it won't boot. If it sees the disks after it's booted, it sounds like the dirve is okay. Could also be the media. Some of the older drives have issues with burned disks. Try burning a disk at 1X, and see it that works.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Ok will do. Thanks for all the help and advice Barry. One of my friends actually has a copy of OSX I believe he is gonna hopefully let me test with this week. Hopefully it will work and I can re-install.

Would be nice if it would boot linux though

Fired up the old iBook, it's running xubuntu 7.04. I need to tare it apart and swap out the drive, this one is loud.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12