Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting wesside-ng working on bt2 with atheros chipsets

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

You dont need another laptop connected and are you defo rebooting after installing the drivers??? What card are you using ????

Heres the patched driver just incase

http://www.mediafire.com/?3xnxgndsqsd

Developer

I'm using a netgear wg511t just like you.

used the new file with the same result. It just hangs after associated........Its looking for a arp request and is not getting it.

Make sure you are deleting your old prga.log and wep.cap before beginning. and you can fire up airodump and monitor whats hapening

Developer

I was not doing that but the result is the same after I do. I guess I'll have to take it somewhere else and test it later.

OK so you not getting the error anymore just timing out when looking for a arp request? It sounds like its working give it a proper trial and if you still have problems we can look into it more.

When you monitor activity in airodump are you getting ivs? Also keep running it until you get some sort of error or the twirly sign stops

Default Demo

Heres a quick and dirty vid demo of wesside-ng working on my wg511t.

Fast forward the crap its not fast because I had to do a friends router because I'm out at the mo and the router is quite far away.

New vid on its way

Video is crap quality but you lot can make out the blobs

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Just curious, upgrading to slackware 12, is it worth it? I couldn't make out the video. I could see different windows, but nothin else. Probably my resolution.
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post
    Make sure you are deleting your old prga.log and wep.cap before beginning. and you can fire up airodump and monitor whats hapening
    Using airodump-ng on the same interface as wesside-ng at the same time can cause "ERROR Max retransmists for ....." problems. Although wesside-ng is a lot more "automated" it still has quirks that are not fully ironed out yet. One major one I noticed was if you are trying it on a large network with switches, hubs and a main wired router and do not specify the router ip that is in charge of assigning dhcp ip's it will fail to guess the right IP and fail to receive the arp. Another one that should be worked out soon is it will try to choose and attack WPA/WPA2 access points if you do not specify a AP MAC.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Using airodump-ng on the same interface as wesside-ng at the same time can cause "ERROR Max retransmists for ....." problems. Although wesside-ng is a lot more "automated" it still has quirks that are not fully ironed out yet. One major one I noticed was if you are trying it on a large network with switches, hubs and a main wired router and do not specify the router ip that is in charge of assigning dhcp ip's it will fail to guess the right IP and fail to receive the arp. Another one that should be worked out soon is it will try to choose and attack WPA/WPA2 access points if you do not specify a AP MAC.
    Cheers for pointing that out PrairieFire although I didn't encounter any errors like that but good to know.

Yes I've noticed the same thing PrairieFire testing today First time I've been able to test this tool and its far from 100% but its still a good tool to have in ya toolbox. I suppose for now you would have to guess the ip and subnet in those situations ??

Has anybody got it working yet?

spankdidly the more stuff I do the more benefits I notice I think its well worth it and what you got to loose if it all goes wrong you can just reinstall bt2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post
    Heres a quick and dirty vid demo of wesside-ng working on my wg511t.

Fast forward the crap its not fast because I had to do a friends router because I'm out at the mo and the router is quite far away.

http://s236.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1

Video is crap quality but you lot can make out the blobs

Any chance you could dump a better quality vid somewhere? The typing just looked like squashed ants!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast