Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: error login with backtrack2final.ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SLK001 View Post
    I really wasn't conducting a poll on burning programs. I was merely trying to get the OP to check his disk "readability" on the machine that he wants to run BT2 on. If the disk can be read by the same drive as he is trying to boot it from, then I would say that he doesn't have a disk problem. If windoze can't "Create an ISO from a CD" due to read errors, then therein lies his problem.

I also use ImgBurn to create my ISOs. But in the past, when I have had disk problems, I have used WinISO to check the disks. Almost any ISO "extracting" program could be used to check the disk.

Imgburn has the ability to check a burnt disk or original disk against an iso eliminating the need for winiso. This test can even be carried out on a different machine too if you like, as long as you have the iso and an original or burnt disk.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    Imgburn has the ability to check a burnt disk or original disk against an iso eliminating the need for winiso. This test can even be carried out on a different machine too if you like, as long as you have the iso and an original or burnt disk.
    I was trying to get him to test the disk on the machine (drive) that was giving him problems. When this happens to me (bad loads plus read problems in windoze), I have to go to another machine that will read good disks and burn a CD-R.

Just my explanation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123