Thread: Help installing backtrack, I get an error booting the cd

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Help installing backtrack, I get an error booting the cd

Hello there. I am new to this forum so first of all, hello everyone!

i am starting with backtrack and trying to study all the concepts in my pc, so i am pretending to install it here. Well i got a p5k deluxe motherboard, with a single DVD-RAM drive, and i don't know why, when i boot the cd of backtrack, it tried to boot everything until it freezes on a message, similar to this:

Backtrack tried to boot but an error occurred. This should never happen. Try to install it from HD(i don't remember the exact message, but i saw that it couldnt' probably read the cd from the drive, due to probably sata-driver issues).

Well i have a free partition of 5 GB created in my HD, so i would like to know more info on how to install it manually on HD.

I am mostly new to linux, with no much deep knowledge, that's why i am having some difficulties!

I tried to follow Xatar's guide on how to boot and install backtrack, but well, i got to do it on my work pc. But at my home pc, nope! =(

All i get is this error mentioned above. Any solution? I tried some google search but it would only lead me to boot from cd and HD install that, but i can't boot from CD properly, til the end! I tried to use most of the tools mentioned in xatar's guide but no, i couldn't, as it was not properly booting.

i'd love any tip on that!

Thank you!

Start you own thread, don't just post your question to an existing thread when it has nothing to do with it.

I have also given your post a proper title.