Thread: Command for Blocking traffic

Just burned his ISO

Question Command for Blocking traffic

There is a command tool in the BT2, that could block the traffic by ip address and port, (Not script in Ettercap) I used it before, just cannot remember.
    Any one could help to refresh my memory?

Thank you!

Inbound traffic? You'd have to setup a IPTables rule.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

This command can block the inbound and outbound traffic, after the ARP poisoning the network. I used to use it for network control for unwanted traffic that circulated in our LAN. Just cannot remember........

<shrug> I'm not sure.

The scenario you've described doesn't make any sense to me. If you ARP poison a network then I can't figure out a good reason to then want to block traffic (since none of it is routing properly anyway). This is something that should be controlled via your permimiter FW or physically disconnecting a machine causing problems/your trunk line.

Maybe someone else has an idea?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry for not being clear with my scenario, I use backtrace as a monitor tool for our network traffic, sometimes I just need a temporary block for a certain traffic during the monitor activity.