Thread: Wireless Snooping

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless Snooping

Can someone tell me if what exactly is Encryption when someone uses WEP or WPA ? Is it the data which is encrypted or is it the initial connection which is established in order to use the security enabled wireless connection ?

Another concern which I have is whether or not its possible for a neighbor to eavesdrop on my secured WPA connection ? Another words is it possible for them to see what I see when viewing sites ? Really not interested in knowing whether they can hack into my connnection for their own internet use.

Do program like WiFi Hopper 1.2 give others to see what I am doing on my wireless internet connection ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justmehere View Post
    Can someone tell me if what exactly is Encryption when someone uses WEP or WPA ? Is it the data which is encrypted or is it the initial connection which is established in order to use the security enabled wireless connection ?
    All the data is encrypted with a stream cipher, the plaintext bits are encoded with a pseudorandom cipher bit stream.

Another concern which I have is whether or not its possible for a neighbor to eavesdrop on my secured WPA connection ? Another words is it possible for them to see what I see when viewing sites ? Really not interested in knowing whether they can hack into my connnection for their own internet use.
    Without breaking your WPA It's possible they could see what ip addresses you're associating with, but not make sence of any data or webpages your viewing.

Do program like WiFi Hopper 1.2 give others to see what I am doing on my wireless internet connection ?

Thanks
    I searched my bt2 and couldn't find "WiFi hopper" maybe you have a bt3-Beta?

I'm wondering what you are doing that's getting you so paranoid?

Just burned his ISO

somehow i find that just knowing the IP during those wireless transmissions is not likely and its possible to decyrpt just google wpa or wep. paranoid not really just a reflection of what i believe are facts of life. sorry did a search on google about hopper but no idea about the beta version sorry. appreciate the feedback.