Thread: nothing to do with pentesting......

Developer

Default nothing to do with pentesting......

So like the title says this has nothing to do with pentesting but I need a program or software to create bibliographies for school. There are plenty of online ones but I would like something I can install or maybe a open office plugin. I'm just looking for something simple to plug in the values and it spits out the correct format. If any one knows of such a item I would appreciate it.

We talking HS or College?

I recall some teachers in HS making a big deal of this but they gave us a guideline and it really wasn't hard to apply the details or our own papers/research. In college I don't remember having any guidelines but basically as long as you had the details they'd be happy.
    The following is ripped form wikipedia but it follows exactly what I recall.
    Books:
    * author(s)
    * title
    * publisher
    * date of publication

An entry for a journal or periodical article usually contains:

* author(s)
    * article title
    * journal title
    * volume
    * pages
    * date of publication

Obviously online sources require a URL (permalink).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Developer

Thanks thorin but thats not exactly what I meant. yes I'm in college and I know the correct format but what I would like is a program where it says book: <enter value here> and so on and then finish and it give a copy and pate text in the right order and format. Here is the online tool I use but I was looking for a software that does the same

http://citationmachine.net/

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    ahhh.Thanks that looks interesting. Checking it out now.

That *does* look interesting........
    Thanks for the heads up Thorin

Hello

For once I can return a favor on this forum

Code:
    hxxp://tonyhunter.pbwiki.com/f/HarvardReferencerSetup.exe
    Obviously replace hxxp with http

Code:
    hxxp://tony-hunter.blogspot.com/
    His blog

It's not my work, however the guy who wrote it won't mind as he posted it up on a techy forum I frequent, for our use.

I use it for my uni course

Harvard Referencer

Long time no update:

I have been working on this application for some time, it's still not finished, but I wanted to release it as it is.

While at university I have had to write essays and including references to material that you have used is essential yet complicated. I heard people complaining about the difficulty of the Harvard Referencing system and decided to write an application that does all the formatting for you, all the user has to do is input the data.

Quick tutorial:

1) The user enters the data from the book/journal etc into the appropriate textboxes
    2) Click "Make"
    3) Copy the references into another document - either right click > "Copy" or Edit > "Copy all"
    Or you can go File > Export to word document.

Alternatively you can print directly from the program, the options for the can be found under "File > Print Reference list"