Thread: isolinux problem

Just burned his ISO

Default isolinux problem

Hello, when I try to boot up, the Isolinux screen appears and "boot:" appears asking for the kernel.
    Wasn't it supposed to boot automatically?

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by garompeta View Post
    Hello, when I try to boot up, the Isolinux screen appears and "boot:" appears asking for the kernel.
    Wasn't it supposed to boot automatically?
    You have obviously burned the disc incorrectly or you should look into the cheat/boot codes on the backtrack wiki.

Just burned his ISO

1) I downloaded it from the first mirror
    2) I burned the image to a CD-R with PowerISO

How difficult could it be? Where is the error?
    I feel pretty stupid I can't see it.

whatever I type in the boot prompt, it says that the kernel is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by garompeta View Post
    1) I downloaded it from the first mirror
    2) I burned the image to a CD-R with PowerISO

How difficult could it be? Where is the error?
    I feel pretty stupid I can't see it.

whatever I type in the boot prompt, it says that the kernel is incorrect.
    Try reading this

Did you try just hitting the return key? The default timeout for the orignal BT2 disk was fairly long, if I remember correctly.

Just burned his ISO

Well I don't understand the prejudice you guys have against download managers, it has to be a very lame program to not have a checksum check integrated. c'mon people... Yes, I double checked all my images, every single image has the same md5 checksum. Unless I am a very privileged witness of md5 collisions, I must say I have the exact image. (although I rather winning lottery)

About the question of what was burned, the image was burned to the cd, not the file. duh. Otherwise it wouldn't be booteable, would it? (even though it is a faulty boot, isolinux popped up) hey, I said I felt pretty stupid, not that I am stupid. lol

About the burning speed, well, actually I burned at 4x, I can't go lower than that.

Now to make me feel much worse, and dumber, I realized that actually all three cds were burned correctly and the only thing I had to do to start booting it up was to enter 'bt'.

doh.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by garompeta
    Now to make me feel much worse, and dumber, I realized that actually all three cds were burned correctly and the only thing I had to do to start booting it up was to enter 'bt'.
    Or, you could just hit the 'Enter' key, since 'bt' is the default kernel... or, you could just wait for the prompt to time out.

Well I don't understand the prejudice you guys have against download managers, it has to be a very lame program to not have a checksum check integrated.
    It's simple. Experince has shown that they cause problems.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

hello, well... there is no timeout at all, and yeah I supposed that pressing enter would work as well, but it didn't. It just keeps crying "kernel not found" until i write "bt".

About download managers, I find very interesting what you say, since actually common sense says that the "direct download" without any "dl manager" is more likely to download corrupted files since there is no integrity check AT ALL.
    In fact, after 10 years of being online since I got my first 28800 bauds modem, the only time I received a corrupted download was when I used no managers.

Quote Originally Posted by garompeta
    hello, well... there is no timeout at all, and yeah I supposed that pressing enter would work as well, but it didn't. It just keeps crying "kernel not found" until i write "bt".
    If this is the case, and you haven't tried to add to the iso, then your "build" is corrupted. I'm surprised that it runs at all.