Thread: Sound Drivers

Hybrid View

Default Sound Drivers

Hello guys 'and' gals ...

Although we can all just download drivers and untar them, but we 'all' are lazy and prefare on-the-go fully loaded SLAX. Its never really bothered me but my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L30-133" has always had sound driver problems, and I get the 'ALSA' error flooding my screen on boot for roughly 2-3mins, then BT skips the driver and continues to the login menu.

The soundcard I am using is:

Onboard RealTek HD and uses the windows driver: Realtek Semiconductor 1.6.0.2, [ALCMTR.exe][year:2004] using standard Legacy audio drivers.

I got this info within the device manger on windows, however...it seems that Im not being given FULL details on the actual driver which is strange...must be the same way for all HD audio chips.

Any advice would be greatful....and adding this driver to BT3 could cure a few headaches. I would have entered more information, such as the ALSA error that im getting, but the screen floods that fast I cant see it..its either ALSA or ALDA, very hard to read.

Cheers lads,
    --Denv

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by The_Denv View Post
    Hello guys 'and' gals ...

Although we can all just download drivers and untar them, but we 'all' are lazy and prefare on-the-go fully loaded SLAX. Its never really bothered me but my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L30-133" has always had sound driver problems, and I get the 'ALSA' error flooding my screen on boot for roughly 2-3mins, then BT skips the driver and continues to the login menu.

The soundcard I am using is:

Onboard RealTek HD and uses the windows driver: Realtek Semiconductor 1.6.0.2, [ALCMTR.exe][year:2004] using standard Legacy audio drivers.

I got this info within the device manger on windows, however...it seems that Im not being given FULL details on the actual driver which is strange...must be the same way for all HD audio chips.

Any advice would be greatful....and adding this driver to BT3 could cure a few headaches. I would have entered more information, such as the ALSA error that im getting, but the screen floods that fast I cant see it..its either ALSA or ALDA, very hard to read.

Cheers lads,
    --Denv
    you can try to type alsaconf and let alsa auto configure your driver. if not go to the alsa site,download and install new drivers and then run alsaconf again.That should do it. I have 3 toshiba sattalites and they all have sound.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    I have 3 toshiba sattalites and they all have sound.
    You wanna sell one of them?? As you know..I recently fried my Dell Latitude c640...great little BT2 laptop it was ..2 PCMCIA slots..you'll be missed c610

<<Taps plays>>
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Thanks man, you have been really fast in replying and also sorting my long-term error out ....thanks a million man.

Is there some way at all that the team can put a button [beside the big red n00b button that a few of us have been discussing ] to auto configure all drivers 'if' the computer finds them to be redundant or have no driver being used? Place it on the desktop with that big red button ehh lol! A script, aimed to download from all driver sites to quickly configure the laptop for the drivers, as we all know that this in itself will save time because some of us use BackTrack at work for pen-testing, and at work....we are forced to work on the 'time is money' slogan ..which sucks as you know. This could save some time.

Edit: Xploit..2 pcmcia? that sounds like a crack'n laptop man ..sorry its busted... Also, looks like we 'have' found a new feature after all, that is... To have the most recent ALSA drivers installed in BT3, and/or to run 'alsaconfig' on boot more than once if driving loading fails.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

There is a bug with bt2's kernel 2.6.20 and Intel / Realtek HD audio cards on laptops. It mutes the card and there is no way to unmute from some laptops. There are several fixes for this search the board for more info.

Just burned his ISO imported_hello's Avatar

Default Thanks dude

@parrot
    you can try to type alsaconf and let alsa auto configure your driver. if not go to the alsa site,download and install new drivers and then run alsaconf again.That should do it. I have 3 toshiba sattalites and they all have sound
    You made my day dude
    alsaconf
    This made my sound card work!!!!!
    Thanks a lot mate

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    @parrot

You made my day dude
    alsaconf
    This made my sound card work!!!!!
    Thanks a lot mate
    Even though thats my quote I will be happy to share the credit with BP for he is a fine English gent and I hope to have tea and crumpets with him soon. No F&^k that. I hear true the English drink dark beers like my favorite new castle and sammie smiths.