Thread: ArpReplay - No real response?

Just burned his ISO

Angry ArpReplay - No real response?

Hi, everyone!

I've been trying really hard for the last two weeks to break a collection of 12 WEP-enabled wireless routers from assorted vendors that I bought from various friends who were moving out of dorms and didn't need them anymore. My ultimate goal is to get my CISSP in a few months. Lately, I've wanted to get into the wireless side of things, but I just can't seem to make the whole WEP cracking thing work. I've followed every tutorial on how to do it to make sure I'm getting it right, but when I try the following:

aireplay-ng --arpreplay -b TargetAP_MAC -h TargetClient_MAC ethX

I start collecting packets, but have only managed to get about 10 ARP requests after collecting about 4 million packets, even though I'm simultaneously running an Aireplay deauth attack with the following:

aireplay-ng -e TargetAP_SSID -a TargetAP_MAC -c TargetClient_MAC --deauth 15 ethX

I have even set the DeAuth count to 0 to do it continuously, but I've had no luck.

I've definitely got data going between my target client and AP, as I've set up a little app that simulates constant HTTP usage. The signal is strong, and I've tried cracking with two different laptops, one using a Broadcom driver (Vostro 1500), and one using the ipw2200 Centrino driver (Compaq nc6220). I'm able to collect the packets just fine with airodump, but at an agonizingly slow rate. It appears that the packet injection just isn't working, because my IV collection rate isn't skyrocketing like it's supposed to when an ArpReplay attack is working correctly - in the last two days of continuous capturing, I've only collected about 20K IVs!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Developer

If thats all the commands your using your in bad shape. I suggest you do some reading at the aircrack site and then in the tutorials section there are some very fine videos by my friend xploitz on how to accomplish what you are trying to do. I suggest reading and understanding how it works because when you get in the field any number of things can happen. If you can't follow the video than you may be in the wrong field. If you post ALL your commands maybe we can see where you went wrong.

Just burned his ISO

Ive used XPloitz video E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial, and followed everything he did in there.

but when i get to the point where i enter:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e xploitz -a AP_MAC -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1

hes sending 7 authentication requests, then tells me that the attack was unsuccessful, and the possible reasons. (BTW: The router has no MAC Filter enabled).

I tried this all using my Intel Centrino Wireless, may that be the problem?
    Also, I dont get any connection to the internet via backtrack linux either. Do i have to set up a driver first?

but when i get to the point where i enter:
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e xploitz -a AP_MAC -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 eth1

hes sending 7 authentication requests, then tells me that the attack was unsuccessful, and the possible reasons. (BTW: The router has no MAC Filter enabled).
    Sorry guy but there i think nobody would help you!
    You have no idea what you are trying to do.....first read a lot in the Tutorial Session and inform about the basics of Wifi...

If we just show you the right commands you won't understand what you are doing.