Hello all,

I am having serious issues trying to get injection to work on my cards. I just upgraded my laptop to a DELL inspiron 1520 [ i got it free with my internet ] and i went to use the internal wireless card - the 1390 mini doofer and it uses the bcm43xx driver. Now i read about mixed results with the driver - do i need to update my driver? or is it just a poor card for injection.

Well obviously i was not chuffed with the first card i tried so i whipped out my USB wireless that was clattering around in a draw. Its a TP-Link TL-WN321G and it uses the RT73 Driver. Now i have read that this driver allows for injection.

Well after trying it out it failed to force prism headers so i went and grabbed the updated drivers for it. Well - like the title suggests - i must be the lucky one as it is using a RT2500 driver [the PCI one ] and not the damn driver its supposed to. So after reading post after post and seeing answers that dont work for me i went back to my drawer of Spares and pulled out my NETGEAR WTg511T [ the one thats recommended ] . I know this card works.

I opened out the protective plastic - and OMFG I hate dell - my PCMIA Slot is not a PCMIA slot - its some crappy cardbus slot.

So i ask of all you backtrack gurus a couple of things.
1. is it possible to get the damn internal card to inject?
2. Anyone know how to make this USB thingy work
3. An equivalent Atheros Card for Cardbus slots like my piece of crap laptop has :s

Thanks in advance guys

[the links i have been following are
tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=1819.0
aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=rt73 <<-- i thought this hand the answer but i cannot find the modules it mentions at the end :-s And yes i am a thicky of gargantuan proportians ]

-=EDIT=-
Update - i ran the Injection test as descibed on the aircrack webpage and it failed all aspects [ the -9 mode] i checked the wiki for aircrack and backtrack - and according to them my cards work - omg, i must be missing the obvious here - someone please help :-s

-=EDIT[Again]=-
Still playing with tweaks - i sent a -1 and it sid succesfully authenticated - i thought :woot: i rock - turns out i still suck its not injecting on mode -3 :s and i reckon it could be summit to do with airmon registering it as rt2500 instead of rt73, if someone could help me understand "blacklisting modules" and removing the offending driver i would be most appreciative
-=EDIT=-
***Update***
I managed to inject YES! :WOOT:
But it went horribly wrong
Code:
You should also start airodump-ng to capture replies.
13:34:45  Packets per second adjusted to 375 395 packets...(8 pps)
13:34:47  Packets per second adjusted to 282
13:34:49  Packets per second adjusted to 212
13:34:51  Packets per second adjusted to 159
13:34:53  Packets per second adjusted to 120
13:34:55  Packets per second adjusted to 90
13:34:57  Packets per second adjusted to 68
13:34:59  Packets per second adjusted to 51
13:35:01  Packets per second adjusted to 39
13:35:03  Packets per second adjusted to 30
13:35:05  Packets per second adjusted to 23
13:35:07  Packets per second adjusted to 18
13:35:09  Packets per second adjusted to 14
13:35:11  Packets per second adjusted to 11
13:35:13  Packets per second adjusted to 9
13:35:15  Packets per second adjusted to 7
13:35:17  Packets per second adjusted to 6
13:35:19  Packets per second adjusted to 5
13:35:21  Packets per second adjusted to 4
13:35:23  Packets per second adjusted to 3
write failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
It doesnt seem to be stable - for those that are intrested thats my RT73 stick, i even lowered the rate as per the guide but as soon as it got an ARP it bombed out on me

Someone must have an idea please - as i am now out of ideas