Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ping services not work

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If that's true, and I have no doubt that it is, then BackTrack is not the Distro you should be using. Maybe you should try something by FisherPrice.
    OMG!!I've pissed myself.

i tested host and nslookup but not wanna working
    We'll need the error(s) you got.

Did http://69.147.114.210 work in firefox?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

plz chk link that kinda of errors i get i used ip in browser but no result
    h t t p:// rmfernandez.com/ pixelpost/ language/ lunis.JPG

Try typing, your link just times out.

If you can't hit http://69.147.114.210 (which is www.yahoo.com BTW) then chances are you don't have a valid IP address.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Did you ever find out if you even have an IP address?
    Are you using an ethernet or a wireless connection?
    Are you sure your card is eth0?

Maybe you could post the results of
    Code:
    ifconfig
    or if you're using a wireless connection, post the results of
    Code:
    iwconfig
    To check if you already have an IP address, at the console type:

Code:
    ip addr
    Or even:
    Code:
    ifconfig
    Look for your interface, maybe eth0, eth1, ath0, wlan0, etc.
    What address does it have??

You still didn't explain the steps you took in order to obtain an IP address, or even an "internet connection"??
    Please list your steps.......

We cannot help you if you don't help yourself, by at least giving us the above details.........

i sense a big language barrier here Captain...

xtotalx, i think you're not that good at speaking english, because i cant understand what you said, i also think that your main language is spanish, so im gonna go on a limb here and post in spanish to see if it helps

xtotalx, hablas espaņol? si lo haces, postea en espaņol por aqui o enviame un mensaje privado y tratare de ayudarte con tu problema, o traducirlo para que la comunidad vea tu problema y trate de ayudar en lo mejor que puedan

Quote Originally Posted by xtotalx View Post
    plz chk link that kinda of errors i get i used ip in browser but no result
    h t t p:// rmfernandez.com/ pixelpost/ language/ lunis.JPG
    That picture doesn't show us anything new.

Pinging yahoo.com and browsing www.rapidshare.com both require DNS resolution. Browsing to http://69.147.114.210 does not.

Please go back and read all the information I linked.

If you don't understand what DNS resolution is, then BT probably isn't the distro for you. Brush up on Windows and try something like Ubuntu.

i sense a big language barrier here Captain...

xtotalx, i think you're not that good at speaking english, because i cant understand what you said, i also think that your main language is spanish, so im gonna go on a limb here and post in spanish to see if it helps
    Supposedly "Ryan M. Fernandez is a San Francisco Bay Area graphic designer ..."

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Supposedly "Ryan M. Fernandez is a San Francisco Bay Area graphic designer ..."
    lots of latino people in San Francisco Bay Area, so i posted in spanish juuust in case, you never know

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If that's true, and I have no doubt that it is, then BackTrack is not the Distro you should be using. Maybe you should try something by FisherPrice.

LMFAO! That's the funniest thing I've read all day!
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Quote Originally Posted by Primey View Post
    lots of latino people in San Francisco Bay Area, so i posted in spanish juuust in case, you never know
    Fair enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast