Thread: Trusted PCB Fabrication websites?

Talking Trusted PCB Fabrication websites?

Hey its been a while

Are there any trusted websites out there who will make pcb boards for me?

I have all the Gerber files and PCB boards printing schematics. I would attempt it myself but they are multileveled boards.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by andyem View Post
    Hey its been a while

Are there any trusted websites out there who will make pcb boards for me?

I have all the Gerber files and PCB boards printing schematics. I would attempt it myself but they are multileveled boards.

Any suggestions?

Thx.
    If you're making a bunch of boards, then I'm sure there's a site out there that will do it, but if you're just making 1 or 2, I doubt it would be cost effective. Setup and etching multi-layer boards is not cheap, by any stretch.

Plus quality control on multi-layer boards has to be top notch as I've seen some boards that were 7 layers have a short between two and actually get hot enough to melt the substrate.

I had seen a site a while ago that would do some etching, I'll see if I can dig it up again. I may be etching some boards myself soon after I finalize some circuitry I'm designing for my latest mod project.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If you're making a bunch of boards, then I'm sure there's a site out there that will do it, but if you're just making 1 or 2, I doubt it would be cost effective. Setup and etching multi-layer boards is not cheap, by any stretch.

Plus quality control on multi-layer boards has to be top notch as I've seen some boards that were 7 layers have a short between two and actually get hot enough to melt the substrate.

I had seen a site a while ago that would do some etching, I'll see if I can dig it up again. I may be etching some boards myself soon after I finalize some circuitry I'm designing for my latest mod project.
    Thx.

I'm trying to make a few of the openpcd tools and one of them involves a multi board. I've only done single myself.

Thx.

I'm trying to make a few of the openpcd tools and one of them involves a multi board. I've only done single myself.
    How many layers is it?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

How many layers is it?
    It shows me 4 layers. Here's the openpcd ZIP:

http://www.openpcd.org/dl/openpcd_v04.zip

It shows me 4 layers. Here's the openpcd ZIP:

http://www.openpcd.org/dl/openpcd_v04.zip
    Um, it would probably just be cheaper to buy the board directly.

https://shop.openpcd.org/product_inf...67impg7b14mgo3

Um, it would probably just be cheaper to buy the board directly.

https://shop.openpcd.org/product_inf...67impg7b14mgo3
    I'm in it for the building experience. All of the electronic components I already have, I just need the board. Even if it is more I'm guessing it wouldn't be that much more.

What type of prices do you get for that type of board?

I've seen a range of 40-60 bucks.