Thread: saving web pages

Default saving web pages

Just a quickie

Would you guys be so kind as to reccomend me a program that will save a webpage and it's associated files, going x number of links deep (Where x is a specifiable number)?

I had this for windoze, but am making a concerted effort to learn linux and reduce my dependancy on M$ products...

Many thanks

InSanCen

Senior Member imported_spankdidly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
    Just a quickie

Would you guys be so kind as to reccomend me a program that will save a webpage and it's associated files, going x number of links deep (Where x is a specifiable number)?

I had this for windoze, but am making a concerted effort to learn linux and reduce my dependancy on M$ products...

Many thanks

InSanCen

http://www.httrack.com/ maybe?
    I felt like bending the bars back, and ripping out the window frames and eating them. yes, eating them! Leaping, leaping, leaping! Colonics for everyone! All right! You dumb*sses. I'm a mental patient. I'm *supposed* to act out!

Looksperfect from a quick glance at the page,

Much appreciated,

Cheers

InSanCen

On a Serious note, beyond the odd bit of Basic on an Atatri, or HTML I can't code to save my life. MY brain just does not work that way.

If however you want your GSXR or RG Gamma fixing, then scream...

Purehate...
    Looking at the man page now, interesting, and may just be what i am looking for, if it's built into the Kernel, I'd rather use that than bloat the system unnecessarily.

Well all you really have to do is CTRL+S in Firefox and it will save the page along with the associated files neatly in the folder you specify m8
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Quote Originally Posted by swc666 View Post
    Well all you really have to do is CTRL+S in Firefox and it will save the page along with the associated files neatly in the folder you specify m8
    True, and i have done that, but i need to take an offline page, clickable links and all, to a location with no net access. Firefox only seems to save the single page and associated files.

As it is, i think either wget or httrack willl work nicely.

Cheers

InSanCen

I second the vote for wget
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.