Thread: slackware 12 to BT

Default slackware 12 to BT

hey guys ive been playing around with slackware 12 for a little bit and was wondering. how hard of a conversion would it be to go from slackware to BT. i saw the tutorial on how to go from bt to slack but i was wondering how easy it would be if you already had your system configured for slackware and wanted to get your backtrack files over. im guessing all it would take is moving the right folders over into the slackware partition and keeping the slackware system files. if it is that easy i would like to know which ones which files etc. im not too into messing with kernels and such like mentioned in the bt to slackware 12 tutorial.

just a curiosity... if it is harder to go that way, minus well save my stuff, remove slackware and do the bt to slackware tutorial
    the command line is inevitable

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyPoo View Post
    hey guys ive been playing around with slackware 12 for a little bit and was wondering. how hard of a conversion would it be to go from slackware to BT. i saw the tutorial on how to go from bt to slack but i was wondering how easy it would be if you already had your system configured for slackware and wanted to get your backtrack files over. im guessing all it would take is moving the right folders over into the slackware partition and keeping the slackware system files. if it is that easy i would like to know which ones which files etc. im not too into messing with kernels and such like mentioned in the bt to slackware 12 tutorial.

just a curiosity... if it is harder to go that way, minus well save my stuff, remove slackware and do the bt to slackware tutorial
    The problem is you would have to go through each back track tool to find the dependent libraries and sym links. By the time you did all of that you would have been better off just installing the tools you need. I have done the bt to slackware 12.0 and its not that hard if you feel like doing it but if your happy with slack ware just decide which tools you need and install them by hand. The slack ware repository has some already made tools in .tgz format so they don't even need to be compiled. See this thread PIMP my backtrack