Thread: aircrack-ng , not loading wordlist

dlink

Default aircrack-ng , not loading wordlist

Hi, I've used airodump-ng to get over 25 ivs, but when I try to run aircrack-ng on it with a dict file it say no keys loaded.
    The command is

aircrack-ng -m ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -n 64 /root/rausb0.01.ivs -w /word.txt

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dlink View Post
    Hi, I've used airodump-ng to get over 25 ivs, but when I try to run aircrack-ng on it with a dict file it say no keys loaded.
    The command is

The path to your wordlist is faulty. Take a look in this directory to find bts default word lists

root@BackTrack:~# cd /pentest/password/dictionaries/

root@BackTrack:/pentest/password/dictionaries# ls
    common-1 common-3 dpl.html wordlist.txt.Z
    common-2 common-4 wordlist.txt

The command you gave is telling aircrack to look in your parent directory tree which is this
    root@BackTrack:~# cd /
    root@BackTrack:/# ls
    bin/ etc/ media/ pentest/ sbin/ sys/ var/
    boot/ home/ mnt/ proc/ slackware-12.0/ tmp/
    dev/ lib/ opt/ root/ srv/ usr/
    root@BackTrack:/#

otherwise if you have your own then make sure you provide the full path. Aircrack is smart but not a mind reading program>

bt~#wget -r ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dist...rdlists/all.gz

this will get you a small wordlist to start out with

You need to specify the MAC address that you want to filter, not the broadcast address.

That command implies that your word list is in the root directory "/". If you
    Code:
    cd /
    ls
    I doubt you'll see word.txt. What I believe you actually want to enter is:
    aircrack-ng -m ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -n 64 /root/rausb0.01.ivs -w ./word.txt
    or
    aircrack-ng -m ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff -n 64 /root/rausb0.01.ivs -w word.txt
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

dlink

Thanks for the quick replie.
    I tryed copying it to the /pentest/password/dictionire directory, and tryed entering in the path as well as just out.txt. I know its finding the file in the path above and the root directory as if i do ./out.txt or out.txt it come up with a error message.
    I was trying to crack wep, i think that might be the probelm as you normal use wordlists for wpa.

Another question, will this type of network work. I have one computer the wireless AP is connected by ethernet cable and i have a g122 rev c1 connected by usb. Is the only way to incesase the DATA field in airodump-ng to set up another client with another computer and connect to the AP and transfer a large file, as when I use the examples by other members the feilds don't increase. I used these commands.
    aireplay-ng -1 0 -e ssid -a AP -h wireless client rausb0
    then
    aireplay-ng -3 -b AP -h wireless cleint rausb0

somethimes when i enter the top one it ask for a pgma -y file as the AP is shared keyed, i can set it to open, but it still doesn't raise the data field.

Thanks