Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Device out of space

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default Device out of space

    Hello. My question is regarding airodump. I am using the live cd and can only capture about 400,000 packets before it runs out of space on the device and cannot record any more. Looks as though the .cap file is 312MB. is there a way I can get the cap file to save to the local hard disk instead. Is that changable in the -w option (because i was under the impression that is just the prefix), or is there a config file for aircrack that can be edited to say where the default save location is? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    You obviously haven't searched the forums before asking this question, as there was someone today with exactly the same issue and question.
    If you search, you will find the solution in the forum and on the wiki.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    This was answered earlier. In future please search first.

    The data will be saved to wherever you launched the program from.

    i.e. Mount your hdd, if it isn't already. In a console, go into a dir on your hdd, then launch airxxx from there.
    That's where the dump will be saved.

    (Sudden second thoughts statement: Don't use an NTFS partition!)

    Or, mount a usb stick instead, then do the above.

    (EDIT: sorry BP! - dual posted)

  4. #4
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    This was answered earlier. In future please search first.

    The data will be saved to wherever you launched the program from.

    i.e. Mount your hdd, if it isn't already. In a console, go into a dir on your hdd, then launch airxxx from there.
    That's where the dump will be saved.

    (Sudden second thoughts statement: Don't use an NTFS partition!)

    Or, mount a usb stick instead, then do the above.

    (EDIT: sorry BP! - dual posted)
    That's OK

    It just goes to show that it must be true, if we are both saying the same thing.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    That's OK

    It just goes to show that it must be true, if we are both saying the same thing.
    In that case, can we both say "reality is going to win the lottery next week" !!?

  6. #6
    Developer balding_parrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Re@lity View Post
    In that case, can we both say "reality is going to win the lottery next week" !!?
    50 - 50 ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •