Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick question about Wireshark

Just burned his ISO

Well, my question is, is there any way to monitor wired network traffic (on a network without wireless) without wiring directly into the modem?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by tyraeon View Post
    Well, my question is, is there any way to monitor wired network traffic (on a network without wireless) without wiring directly into the modem?
    Not through the switch that you have. As the switch would have to support port spanning.

Now, can you take that statement, as well as another statement made by another user in this thread and extrapolate what you'd need to do?

That's called applying knowledge.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Yeah... pwn the wired box on your net and dump
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

1) Read up on network devices.
    2) Read up on network protocols.
    3) Read up on span ports.
    4) Read up on ARP poisoning.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Why you arpspoofer you...

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Really???

I beg to differ.

I can use ettercap on my laptop (wireless) and sniff ALL my traffic on my WIRED PC (no wireless) connected on a switched AP...and pull up every site I typed in a username and password..and do the same thing using wireshark.(See all packets sent from my WIRED Desktop)..and it all comes up on my wireless laptop.

"is there some command or button in Wireshark that I'm missing that allows a network wide scan?"
    The short answer is yes and no. Will it(WireShark) scan all traffic=Yes. The way you have it set up=No.
    <EeePc 1000HA BT4/W7 USB boot Alfa500 GPS BlueTooth>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12