Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't load ANY OS.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

hehehe you lot are hijacking mofo's let me get all the facts you have sucssesfully booted from a win2k cd and gone through an installation procedure but when you reboot ntldr was missing?? Now you are trying to boot bt2 and the computer restarts apon starting???

Sounds like faulty hardware or somthing not loading in bios ?? bad configuration in bios?? Now we know its not the processor because you wouldn't even get to the bios nine times out of ten. And the power supply should be OK because you have sucsessfully booted and sorta installed win2k??

So brings me to RAM, mobo, HDD or bad bios. First thing to do is to reset your bios to failsafe defaults, or even better reset cmos. If still no joy and windows is booting try a windows live cd to run some memtests and hdd tests. Also might be worth updating your bios if you can do this from a floppy disk or somthing?? I've only seen PC's doing this with linux when they run out of mem! My friend done a slackware update the other night and ended up doing the same because he loaded the huge kernel.

Also sound like a bit of a frankenstien you have there And I bet you haven't been using anti static bands to pull that hardware out right???

Try the above and if you still have no joy post back with some more details about your hardware like make model of mobo HDD chipsets soundcards

Quote Originally Posted by HaZaRD View Post
    drive was wiped when i got it. i couldnt get it to load the win2k cd. i put the HDD in another comp, formated and installed mandriva, and when i put it in the old comp, it brought me to the boot menu: Boot mandriva or safe mode, niether will load, it said cannot find hd1 or something.
    Hard disk controller is toast. This is not the first time I have seen something like this. Its possible that ESD or a surge partially fried your south bridge. I had a similar issue with an ABit board, it turned out to be bad flash BIOS modules. On some boards these are removable and replaceable through the manufacturer.
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

nice one elazar well spotted m8t!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_GrEeN View Post
    nice one elazar well spotted m8t!
    Thanx . We all start somewhere, mine was hardware...
    dd if=/dev/urandom of=/mybrain

Just burned his ISO

Cool wooooo

i got it. i put the HDD in my other comp as slave, and partitioned and formated it for ext-3 wth a linux swap, then took out my master and made that one master and installed bt2 and put it in the other comp and it worked! but i do what to know exactly why it does that.

btw, the only way i can even connect to wifi in bt is if im running wicrawl, but it work let me goto any sites. and when i click kismet a shell window opens and closes and then nothing. if i type kismet in a shell, it has an error and gives me the prompt again.

Quote Originally Posted by HaZaRD
    if i type kismet in a shell, it has an error and gives me the prompt again.
    What is the error that it throws?

Did you enter kismet like this:

Code:
    kismet -c madwifing_g,wifi0,WIFI
    in the shell?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123